In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. gbreda

gbreda

This past christmas, I got a Ryobi battery powered backpack blower. With the warm weather I had a chance in january to give it a trial run.

On turbo it has all the power of gas, otherwise meh.

You do need an extra set of batteries (uses 2 40V, 6amp)and I was really thinking of returning it as the batteries are super expensive but with the cost of pre mixed fuel now I decided to keep it. Going to try some knock off batteries to see if they work out as you really do need at least 2 sets.

2. scajjr2

scajjr2

I've got a bunch of Ryobi ONE+ stuff as well. A couple drills, impact driver, hedge trimmer, inflater, circular saw, reciprocating saw, multi-tool, led light. They work well for average homeowner diy stuff.

sam

3. imacman

imacman

:eek::faint:

4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I've got 3 Dewalt 18 volts we use almost daily. They sure come in handy for outages. I've been buying the Milwaukee 18v tools. They use the lithium batteries, I need to get a couple of the worklights to go with them.

My dewalts are just the NiCad's. No Lithium batteries available!

5. scajjr2

scajjr2

Had to go down to North Andover, MA this afternoon , Lore had an appointment to get shown how to do the injection for the Skyrizi they're putting her on for the psoriatic arthritis. Why there was no one at either their Exeter NH office (8 mi away) or their Haverhill MA office (16 mi away) capable of doing it we have no idea. (well yeah I do-2023 and nobody has staff anymore). She knows how to do it but as she's getting it at no cost thru a program they require a doc to sign off on her being shown.

But man I do NOT miss rush hour driving, especially from MA back up to NH at 5pm. Watched some kid in a lowered Civic try to go up the middle of 2 lanes on Rt 114 in MA (2 lanes each side), basically daring people not to get out of his way. Then on I495 the usual tailgating, weaving in & out. Ended up getting off I495 and took back roads back home. Slightly longer but we were moving and no crazies around us.
    Glad I'm home 99% of the time now. And I drove for a living for 35 years but it's worse now than it was when I was working. Mainly the idiots still holding a phone in their hand. Rant over:BrianK:

sam

6. scajjr2

scajjr2

For anyone in NH & ME who has Fidium Fiber, they just announced new pricing including 2Gb service for $85/mo for the 1st year, $95/mo afterwards. You'll need either their router or buy your own router with 2.5Gb ports if you don't have one already.
    Asus just dropped the price of their Rapture GT-AX6000 router $70 to $259. Has two 2.5Gb ports.

sam

7. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

You have substantial snow!

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and imacman like this.
  8. scajjr2

scajjr2

Had our first robin of the season yesterday at the feeder, so spring has arrived. I hope:thumbs:

sam

9. smoke show

smoke show

Getting measureable amounts of white chit again. Some areas are +12 and it started after daybreak today.

10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

And we're only getting rain! :p

11. bogieb

bogieb

Not without a fight. It has been snowing for a couple of hours. Will only get up to a couple of inches though, so that is something.

12. gbreda

gbreda

Was supposed to get measurable chit today but just a coating and asphalt isnt accumulating.
    Change to rain overnight so typical late March

13. smoke show

smoke show

Some totals from yesterday. Way too late for this chit.

Screenshot_20230326_060641_WLUK FOX 11.jpg

14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

It will melt quickly, Ours is all but gone except the shady spot. Grass is perking up and the daffies have taken off. Should bloom in a few days or so! Tree's have buds on them too.

15. smoke show

smoke show

Yeah we're a little behind that. Def no blooms or daffys for a few weeks...

16. gbreda

gbreda

Same here

17. scajjr2

scajjr2

We had some spitting snow for about 30 min yesterday afternoon, then nothing for a couple hours then rain last nigh. Sun just came out now. Almost all the foot of snow from the last storm is gone.

Lots of different birds around the feeders the past couple days- cardinals, purple finches, yellow finches, wrens, bluebirds, junkos, robins, 3 different woodpeckers, blue jays, a couple crows and a couple starlings. Guess we must put out a good feast for them cause they're bringing their friends.

sam

18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

We had the craziest weather yesterday. Sn*w in the AM turning to sleet. Then rain and hale with a small boomer later in the day. A weather guy posted that on his FB page:

19. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Youes in New England right? JT

20. scajjr2

scajjr2

And he waited the required minute for it to change every time.

sam