In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

What brand is it?

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Hope all goes well!!

IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  3. corncob

corncob

USSC, 6039 HF. I have 2. One in the house and one in the shop and both are corn capable....

bogieb likes this.
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Not the furnaces, the lymphoma, my Aunt had it.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  5. corncob

corncob

Interesting morning. My wife drives us up there (hospital is 50 miles from here. Go to check in and find they have changed the appointment to December 1st. Least not at 7AM but at 9AM so I can actually get some sleep instead of getting up at 5AM. I'm retired and 5AM don't work at all.

All not lost however, I did get a blood draw to check my PSA but the BMB will now be 12-1 and they will do the liver biopsy at the same time and I'll be heavily sedated which is fine with me. I don't relish them drilling a hole in my hip bone to extract some bone marrow. Whatever it takes to keep me north of the dirt.

I did wear my Relief Band this morning, actually slept with it on. The Relief Band is amazing. It not only keeps you from upchucking with chemo but controls headache's and calms you. Not cheap (250 bucks) but they work. Good for hangovers too, not that I drink, because I don't

www.reliefband.com ( think that is the web address. )

bogieb likes this.
  6. corncob

corncob

All I know is it's Non Hodgeon's Lymphoma and the type I have is very rare, like 1 in 10,000 get it. I do have a list of the chemo they will give me but I have to be hospitalized for each infusion session, 4 1/2 days x 6 sessions a month apart. They have to infuse me over 4.5 days instead of conventional infusion which usually lasts a couple hours. The reason is because of the strength of the chemo (they are worried about cardiac arrest) plus after each session, I have to have chemo injected in my spine (sounds wonderful to me). The hospital food where I go really sucks too. I'll be wearing my Relief Band for sure. I told all my friends if the come and see me to bring real food. I cannot stomach the hospital food garbage.

When I was operated on for colon cancer, they gave me a spinal instead of conventional drugs and all I remember was sitting on the edge of the bed buck naked, putting my head in a cradle and I woke up in recovery. Talk about lights out, it was lights out. Lost 14" of my ascending colon, my appendices, my gall bladder too. Didn't need them anyway.

I sure get dealt the crappiest hands for some reason.

bogieb likes this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

The spread is the problem with any form of lymphoma which is why all of the tests are called for. My aunt kicked its butt the first go around or so the Docs thought only to have round 2 7 years later.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    IHATEPROPANE, imacman and bogieb like this.
  8. corncob

corncob

Everyone has cancer cells inside. What sets them off is still a mystery but once they find out what that trigger is, cancer will be cured.... Hopefully but maybe not. Cancer treatment is a huge cash cow for the medical profession. I'd prefer not to have it but I do and I suspect at some point it will be my demise.

bogieb likes this.
  9. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

I think one of my garage door openers slipped into the hole where the handle is on the lid....I'm gonna let it run out and check 20221125_172630.jpg

10. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

11. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

12. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

13. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Corn cob

All my hopes for a favorable result on your test....

Gods speed my friend....

IHATEPROPANE and bogieb like this.
  14. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Had to put the big Whit in dry dock this morning.....Time for the early season full house clean out

Pretty skunked up......
    Cleared out all the baffles and run the "WA WA BRUSH" UP IT'S INNARDS....
    LBT TOO

Removed the exhaust blower and cleaned out the housing and wire brushed the petals on the fan blade.

The area between the fan and the cover plate was packed full of crap too.

Oiled the bushings good...

Got her all back together and lit off the fire

The one piccy shows the one middle row inner green lamp is not on......This light illuminates when the low limit switch closes and the power flow transfers from the startup timer to the main power buss....
    The other piccy shows the inner center green lamp on. Takes about 15 minutes or so.....

A touch longer after a full deep cleaning...."Better air flow" and the unit heats up a bit slower.

All good to go now.....Just a filthy job......
    May do it late winter or spring again.

Regular fire box cleaning is weekly.....Outer baffles are every two weeks....

Washed the windows....GOOD TO GO....SNOW COMING NEXT WEEK....

Attached Files:

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, Dpopps and 3 others like this.
  15. corncob

corncob

One nice thing about both of my 6039's and that is, no matter what heat (pellet/corn) feed I'm at, I can manually set the draft fan to any setting I want and I usually run it on the lowest setting, that way the transfer of fly ash into the draft fan housing as well as the bottom cleanout on my venting is minimized. I only take it apart and clean it (draft fan) and housing in the spring and I empty the venting cleanout maybe once a month and it never has much in it. Most all of my fly ash stays in the burn chamber and it gets swept into the ash pan weekly. Cleaning mine is always a dirty job but it's part of the necessary care and feeding of the stoves.

bogieb likes this.
  16. corncob

corncob

Thanks. Not looking forward to it one bit and the hospital screwed up my appointments and never told me so now the bone marrow biopsy as well as the liver biopsy are both on December 1st at 9AM. Worthless 100 mile trip on Thursday. I'll be wearing my Relief Band for sure. They work as advertised and calm you plus they keep you from puking from the chemo that will follow. The lymphoma I have is 100% fatal without intervention as in chemo and I'm not looking forward to that having been down that road 4 years ago.

All chemo is is rat poison. It kills the cancer and destroys part of you at the same time. A good Oncologist will balance the kill part to the life part.

I don't expect a favorable result as this is a fishing expedition to see where the lymphoma is at and the amount of it. I guess if they could, they'd do a biopsy on my brain as well. Glad they cannot actually. I'm sure it will be bad enough when they inject chemo into my spine at every session.

bogieb likes this.
  17. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Sorry to here.....
    Still....in there rooting for ya...

18. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

That is nice....

With our old Whitfields running the shells....About 3 times the fly ash as pellets.

One super deep clean about this time of the year....and then the fire box every week and every other week clearing the baffles too as well as a LBT every other week.

This keeps the vent clear and the draft good.

Today the rains let up by 10:30 and we managed to run 3 barrels full through Munchy......

Good for several days.

Next decent day we need to go after load #3 and get it in before the deep winter gets here....

The Big Whit sure runs sooooooooooooooo much better after the deep cleaning.

The inner passages really clog up with ash.....Poor design with way too many sharp bends and other nooks and crannies that catch the ash..
    90 degree corners with nasty welded areas and stuff protruding into the air flow.

The scrub with the WA WA BRUSH AND THE LBT really clears it out good......

That stove has such a torturous path from the fire pot up through the heat tubes, then down into the primary ash baffles....A dead stop and reverse direction and up...though a slot and then 90 degrees down into the secondary baffle....Then sideways to the passage into the center of the stove....Then a hard left turn into the exhaust passage....A hard right through the draft control into the actual fan housing....Then out the back of the stove.....A bit over 3 feet of horizontal run...A 45 degree and another 18" out the wall....

Amazing it works at all
    A high pressure air hose directed in to the innards with the fans running really does good....BUTTTTTTTTTTTT...Way too easy to make a big azz mess in the house if the air nozzle gets just off a skosh

Too many reversals......

But the old Whitfield Advantage 2T are still a good work horse.....

Just need a bit more TLC IS ALL....

19. corncob

corncob

Glad my 6039's aren't like that. The path to the draft fan from the burn chamber is pretty straight with only the back wall of the burn chamber blocking it and the top of the back wall has holes punched in it where the draft fan pulls out the by products of combustion and the draft fan chamber is accessable with a crevice tool on my shop vac. Most of the ash drops through the burn pot and into the ash pan. I use a bottle brush to remove the accumulated ash behind the back wall and that is accessable through 2 shutters that are on the bottom of the back wall and removable. Routine cleaning is pretty quick.

20. bogieb

bogieb

Have a Great Birthday joescho !