In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bogieb

bogieb

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

X2 Happy B-day Scot!! :)

:cheers:

IHATEPROPANE, wildwest and imacman like this.
  3. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

4. imacman

imacman

IHATEPROPANE, wildwest and jtakeman like this.
  5. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Happy B day Scott.

IHATEPROPANE and wildwest like this.
  6. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Imac......Sweet truck...
    Definitely gonna be a comfy ride.......

ENJOY

7. Dpopps

Dpopps

8. gbreda

gbreda

:thumbs:

Bench seat with mid console fold down :yes:

Hate losing the floor space and doggies cant sit up front with ours. :(

BUT, ours has the new old man tailgate that is awesome (for as long at it works) :BrianK:

9. gbreda

gbreda

X whatever !!!!

wildwest, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  10. scajjr2

scajjr2

Got a mailer today from Consolidated Communications (formally Fairpoint) saying fiber to the home is coming to Kingston. Up till now all they offered was very slow DSL in town. Over the past couple weeks have seen big rolls of some kind of wire/cable at a lot of spots around town. Name on trucks doing the work wasn't anything I recognized but was hoping that maybe CC was rolling out fiber here.

Pre-registered on their web site (says they're in Phase 3-splicing) so hopefully soon. Paying $100/mo for Xfinity 400/mbps internet only now, CC is $70 + fees for 1Gb and NO data caps. Xfinity's cap goes into effect at the end of this year. We do a lot of streaming so that's a plus for switching.

Sam

11. Earl764

Earl764

If the other provider doesn’t work out, try a business account with comcast. No caps. That’s what I do. Xfinity and comcast business don’t talk to each other, so you need to cancel xfinity and start new with comcast.

12. gbreda

gbreda

Has Fairpoint gotten better with their services and reliability? Had them at work in Barrington before the change to Consolidated and not the best. Maybe better now though? We have been on Firstlight (was Bay Ring) fiber at work for internet and VOIP phone for years now.

Caps are going to be a problem eventually with Xfinity so give it a shot

13. bogieb

bogieb

Ooh, I think you will like the faster speeds, and saving money at the same time can't be beat. I don't know anything about Consolidated as I've only ever had Comcast available, although I do know there was quite a stink when Fairpoint came in to parts of NH because they were small and people feared they wouldn't be able to handle it. Turns out they were correct and Fairpoint got in way over their heads. But that is why they got bought out soon would think that Consolidated is better.

14. imacman

imacman

Yeah, the tailgate is neat. We'll see about longevity.:whistle:

The daughter made the trip no problem, and loves the truck. Seats were very comfortable, it's very quiet, and with mostly highway drive, got 22.8 MPG. It has the V8-----> V4 cylinder deactivation, front aero-shutters, and bed cover, so obvious those helped with the mileage. Not too shabby for a 5300 lb vehicle.

I drove it to dinner last night after she got here....love it!:banana:

15. imacman

imacman

Thanks Snowy. Very comfortable even w/ the Z71 off-road package & Rancho shocks.

16. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

OK.. I was off a year....
    meh.jpg

Dan

(Nice truck!!)

17. imacman

imacman

:thumbs: You were closer than I probably would have guessed.

18. scajjr2

scajjr2

We had Verizon DSL when Lori & I got together 14 yrs ago. They were rolling out FIOS around SE NH and were on track to do East Kingston, then Kingston when they sold their VT, NH & ME business to Fairpoint. Fairpoint told us we could go to a faster DSL, spent 2 days on our street trying then said all the phone lines in town were too old and we were stuck with what we had. Got Comcast the next day.

Fairpoint was woefully under prepared( technically and financially ) to handle what they bought as were other companies that bought out other regions Verizon sold like Frontier in the NW US. Frontier filed bankruptcy in 2019 and were bought out by Ziply Fiber last summer like how Consolidated bought out Fairpoint after their bankruptcy filing.

From what I read on DSLReports.com and from friends who have it, CC's fiber service is very reliable (their fiber equipment is what Verizon uses for FIOS), their customer service is good when you finally get to someone, can take 45 min or more to actually get to a live person.

CC is doing fiber out in Mason under some federal rural broadband program, my brother in Greenville hopes they roll it out there too.

Sam

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  19. gbreda

gbreda

Sound great! Nice looking truck too!!!! Good luck, but I think your going to love it :thumbs:

Quiet is a plus-my better half's Sierra (same color as your :yes:) has the Goodyear DuraTracks and are loud and very annoying, although great for traction. My Colorado has them too but no where near as loud likely due to being a lighter truck. Next set of tires for hers will probably be Michelin LTS M/S. That was the only tire I used on my Ridgeline-pricey but good year-round traction, decent fuel economy and fairly quiet on the highway.....and I always got 80 K out of them.

In regards to the tailgate, it appears well made with very heavy duty hinges.....its the electric latches and dampers for soft open/easy close that concern me. Mostly its the electric latches though

20. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

Fiber being installed everywhere, yet some electric utilities still require antiquated frame relay circuits at every generator.