In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

They eat my bird seed, they get the pepper,have no heart,.22lr treatment.

2. Earl764

Earl764

A coworker has a fox family under his shed. The varmint population dropped big time.

3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I think there is a 'Yote in the area as I'm down on the recycle every addition I make goes overnight.

4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Backyard Expressions - Set of 3 Squirrel Proof Bird Feeders for Outside - Bonus Ebook and Bird Attraction Audio Included - Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeders

Bait holders.

Wagner's 62032 Cardinal Blend...

Bait.

5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

6. Rich250

Rich250

Happy Birthday x whatever

7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Happy getting old Steve.

8. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Thanks everyone!!! Hit 53 this year!

9. PelletHound

PelletHound

Happy Birthday OM.:coldone::drunk:

10. bogieb

bogieb

A relative of SmokeyTheBear visited about 9 last night. I take in my bird feeders every night, but it still was climbing my fence to get to the waste on the ground next to my porch. I heard some light banging noises and realized it wasn't any of the cats playing in the lumber downstairs, so went to investigate the backyard. Glad I haven't actually replaced that fence panel after it got mangled last summer since it is bent again (not as bad, but that is because of my int interruption).

Guess the birds will have to go hungry as I don't want to encourage more visits :(

11. CleanFire

CleanFire

Hope you had a fun birthday Steve! :handshake:
    :coldone:

We just spread some seed and ground feed them here after "STB" visits, every year. And rehang / take in the feeders when good weather / the weekend, not leaving them out overnight.

Betsy's got me roto-tilling & adding manure to the garden beds this week. ... "It happens", 'ya know. ;)

Happy Spring everyone! :thumbs:

12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

With 22 feeders and a hundred acre woodlot behind the house I should have that problem.

13. CleanFire

CleanFire

Just wait 'till they start shooting back..

336d711ce7605acf4b1c5a6d82c28b69.jpg

:D

14. Dpopps

Dpopps

15. bogieb

bogieb

I figured taking in the feeders every night would take care of the issue (I've been doing that since early March), but apparently that isn't the case. I figured out he had visited a couple of days prior. How do I know? I saw his scat in the back yard, Tuesday morning. I at first thought there was a turtle in the ponding from the runoff. When I got out the binoculars, because I would melt in the rain, I saw it must be mud. Yesterday was dry so I went out and looked - it was the same as the pile he left under the clothes line Thursday night. At least he isn't ungrateful for my hospitality - he leaves me some good-sized gifts ;)

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time cleaning up the seed shells that had collected under/around the porch. Although I had cleaned it up in March, the ground was frozen at the time so I only got the top layer. Dang I took a lot of trips to the swamp with a heaping dustpan full - I used a dustpan thinking that there wasn't a whole lot there (totally not thinking about the frozen ground in March). Once I got down to bare ground, there were HUGE worms that were not happy with me for taking their food.

16. CleanFire

CleanFire

Yes, it's always nice when the Bear leaves a present behind .. in exchange for food. Yay(!) .. :picard:

We pulled the feeders after the 2nd visit a few weeks back (and because the feeder was dented / mangled & needed repair), waited a full week: and tried again. Yogi had moved onto the next "picnic basket", by then. :D

I like those feeders that STB posted above, we're gonna try 'em at the edge of the lawn / start of the wood area.

Betsy wanted the (mostly) repaired feeder on the deck, WAY too close to the house right now: gotta "Respect The Bear", this time of year. I'm partial to 'em (they were here long b4 we moved in, and will be long after we're gone), but I'm not inviting them in for dinner.

So.much.yard.work.this.Spring. Ugh. Need.More.Beer.

imacman, schoondog, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  17. gbreda

gbreda

Happy B Day !!!!

18. gbreda

gbreda

Jeez. Whats up with the site? Keeps logging me out. Seems to have been doing that for a while now on different computers.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and bogieb like this.
  19. bogieb

bogieb

I can say it is totally you :D - I don't have any issues (KOW)

20. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Been a while...Hope all is well with ya folks...

We are still running a stove off and on.....April saw 80's F around here....Ran the AC some.....At least I got it checked out and ready for summer....

Then came May and cool showery weather.
    Running the little stove off and on ...Yesterday was an all day thing.....through the night last night....
    Today looks like it might see a few showers..

With the better weather....back to work on the Snowcat project.
    Build new front axle assemblies.....This one task is likely the most major part of the actual chassis repair.. The front axle was in horrible shape.....I decided to do a complete replacement with a twin axle setup (Independent section on each side to allow track adjusting on each side without effecting the other)

Later models went to this plan.....So I am doing my own spin on it.

A couple pix of the old axle....Bent and a patched up and a sad mess.

The original axles were/are a torsion type.

The new setup on the front axle will have an air bag up close to the tub wall that is connected to the axle shaft by an arm. (Not quite that far yet....Design done....just need a little more machining)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2021