In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bogieb

bogieb

Just got back from picking up 10 bags of Fusion pellets. Found them on FB Marketplace for $45. I'm assuming they are good since they are from Lauzon (makers of Cubex). Funny thing is that I picked up a ton this summer and haven't burned any yet because they are in the garage and I want to finally burn all my original Okie Golds. But, since I was bringing the 10 bags anyway, figured I would stage them up for next in the P43 and see how they perform.

2. bogieb

bogieb

And that is the important part!

3. smoke show

smoke show

4. PelletHound

PelletHound

Sorry Smoke.The G.O.A.T. is hosting the SuperBowl this year.I wish NewEngland could get a quarterback like that.:loco: :crazy::headbang::doh::picard::hair::emb::mad:

5. badbob

badbob

Ya,but it is hot there.

6. imacman

imacman

Only in the hot weather.......LOL

ivanhoe, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  7. imacman

imacman

Yeah, that was one of the top 2 reasons I left

ivanhoe, bogieb and badbob like this.
  8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I hate hot weather, But I guess I hate it less than cold weather.

9. badbob

badbob

LOL. Yep, life changes as we get older.

10. badbob

badbob

10 bags? Why? Give us what it cost you in time,fuel and do not forget your labor. Heating fuel economy comes from buying in bulk.

IHATEPROPANE and bogieb like this.
  11. bogieb

bogieb

Because I wanted to. They only had 10 bags - as I stated, I got them off of FB from an individual. . It My time was unimportant as I had nothing else to do and I needed to get the truck out on a nice long drive to charge the battery. I got gas, drove 60 miles total (at 21 mpg, so about $6 in gas), so in actuality cost about $5.10/bag. That is cheaper than any pellets around here except MWP, which I normally run.

Cubex, at the closest place I can find them on a search (ME) are at $308/ton.

For gods sake, why are you so offended? I did not ask you to pay for them, take your time or labor, so get off my chit.

12. smoke show

smoke show

13. scajjr2

scajjr2

So got a letter today saying I can renew my license online. Went to the site, entered in the RIN they sent and then the fun begins.

Enter your "Credential Identifier". WTF is that? Pic of license they use for reference is the new star in corner one, mine was issued in 2016 looks nothing like that one. So decided to call for assistance.

After 30 min on hold, get a woman on the line. Says to enter my current license number for the credential identifier. OK, ask to clarify that the "Family Name" box is my last name, "Given Name" box is first name, middle initial and any suffix (I'm a Jr). She say yes except don't put any suffix in cause it won't work and it may or may not work with a middle initial. After a few min of trying it keeps telling me it can't find my record. Woman then tells me that "it's a new system, rarely works correctly and I'm probably better off just registering for an in person appointment". :headbang:

sam

14. bogieb

bogieb

Well, that is a pain and counter productive. I have a couple more years left on my license and then I'll have to go in person since my last renewal was by mail.

15. CleanFire

CleanFire

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, imacman and 2 others like this.
  16. scajjr2

scajjr2

bogieb, CleanFire and imacman like this.
  17. Earl764

Earl764

New control board arrived. Thermostat mode works again.

Ssyko, gbreda, imacman and 5 others like this.
  18. badbob

badbob

Time.physical labor,driving and loading/unloading is all relevant, to total fuel costs,do not blame me for pointing out the obvious.If you disavow your time and labor, then it is not a true expenditure of your monies.

Ssyko and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  19. badbob

badbob

K,I screwed up. Was cleaning my Austrroflamm burn pot.Droped it,on the floor.A chunk fell out of the side. Oh, well, this is life.Went and grabbed my original burn pot,sitting on the side it was so of the workbench. Well, it was so moisture infused and corroded, it actually fell apart.Got my new one from online seller.USPS lost it, so it came 3 days late,but that did not surprise me. USPS has failed me for many years.
    Anyway,this newest version of an Austroflamm burn pot now has much different airflow holes in the pot. Seems they have changed things again,but they. austrians never give us the info.Well, fine, the new pot actually burns much better, then the last 2.But,do not expect help or advice from Europe.

Ssyko likes this.
  20. CleanFire

CleanFire

Betsy went to get her license renewed / for Real ID, come to find out our Marriage Certificate from 27 years ago was not "certified" by the town Clerk, so ... we've been "living in Sin" for over a quarter of a Century. o_O :thumbs: ( Can't make this chit up, I tell you. ) Shouldn't be a problem to resolve, after the better part of a year on COVID-19 lockdown.. we're both pretty "certifiable" at this point. :whistle:

Ssyko, gbreda, imacman and 6 others like this.