In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Harf and Barf.

imacman, slvrblkk, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  2. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Yessir! Top 5 day today and tomorrow promises to be the same! Weekends in the 70s in November? We’ll gladly take it!
    :D

imacman, WeldrDave, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  3. bogieb

bogieb

Friday after getting off work I cleaned both stoves. Oh, they both could have gone a couple more weeks, but figured if I d it now, I have my choice of which weekend I do it again in the future.

Saturday I spent several hours at the Ford dealership getting the Explorer's tires changed over to snows (mounted and balanced sine I don't have spare rims), plus it needed an oil changed. While they were giving it a once over, they noticed there was no coolant in the reservoir. Did a leak test and found that a hose clamp had rotted and busted in two. At least it was an easy and cheap fix - although the compression test was more expensive than all the other work combined. However, I'm not complaining because if it was leaking into something, that would have been a whole bunch more. And, I used the rebate I got from when I put new tiers on the car last month, so that kept the out of pocket cost down a bit.

When I got home I raked and used the leaf blower to get the leaves out from under the deck and mowed them into tiny pieces. Then raked out the drainage ditches and spread the leaves under the tree line in back. Took the planters off the back porch and consigned plant material to the compost bin and the dirt/roots went to fill in a couple of areas that needed soil.

Late afternoon, I started on putting together a bunch of parts that came in a 2'W x 4'L x 6" D box to make this

Audio vidio cabinet together.jpg

Almost got the second one complete except it was missing 2 screws for the door hinges, so after a run to the hardware store today, I will get it finished. Then I gotta figure out how to get the huge entertainment center out of here so I can put the A/V cabinets in their place.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Since this was my first year of retirement, I spent a lot of time up north. I’m right near SmokeyTheBear. Had a minor rot problem that turned into a major rebuild of the structural wall from the basement foundation up to the first floor. I’m no carpenter but with some help and advice, it’s done, including framing, sheathing, and new Certainteed vinyl shingle siding.
    My place on Sebago Lake is seasonal so I’m all closed up, water lines drained and antifreeze in the toilets and sinks. My 1996 Harman RS Invincible is still in use there although I don’t use it much since I put in the ductless mini splits a few years ago. Home in Mass now for the winter. Plenty to keep me busy though as I lost my brother suddenly in August and need to get his house fixed up to sell. For those of you here in New England, enjoy this fantastic weather!

badbob, ivanhoe, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Leave's done, Chains and weights on the tractor. Geezer nap time!!

:sleeping:

badbob, ivanhoe, imacman and 4 others like this.
  6. PelletHound

PelletHound

4.2 earthquake here this morning.I'm afraid to ask whats next in this stupid year.:hair:

7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Let us try fat pink piggish slob nap,your geezer certs were revoked, remember?

8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Nope! :p

CRS :D

badbob, ivanhoe, imacman and 5 others like this.
  9. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Felt it over here. Crazy.

PelletHound, badbob, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I don't know if it is still available or not but 218B at the Cedars has a window view and is close to the potty room.

PelletHound, badbob, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  11. PelletHound

PelletHound

I guess it has been downgraded to 3.6.Maybe that is why I didn't spill my coffee.:coffee:

badbob, ivanhoe, imacman and 5 others like this.
  12. bogieb

bogieb

Condolences on the loss of your brother

13. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

X2

badbob, ivanhoe, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

X3 :(

badbob, ivanhoe, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  15. imacman

imacman

X4, so sorry for your loss.:(

badbob, ivanhoe, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  16. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Thank you all.....he fought a battle most of his adult life that he wasn’t going to win. Despite countless attempts by all of his family to help, it eventually took its toll on his body systems. We did all we could and thankfully we can sleep at night knowing that.....

subsailor, bogieb, badbob and 6 others like this.
  17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Sorry for your loss and really hope things head in the right direction ;)

18. badbob

badbob

OMG perfect present for one of my sisters!Do you have a link I can mail order? thanks!

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and slvrblkk like this.
  19. badbob

badbob

Been busy.Sorry for the asinine post,I made, I thank the modes for removing it.i screwed up,i am sorry.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and slvrblkk like this.
  20. badbob

badbob

OK,Christmas present for myself.I ordered and received the ESES Harman scraper.Yes,it is more expensive than a bent screwdriver or bent chisel.To start with,i have found out the newer Harman "arrow" scrapers are now made of heavier metal.Very good.But,for 2 times the price,I purchases this ESES unit.I have only used it 3 times,stove running a lot,quite cold here,but I generally scrape pot every 2 days.It is heavy duty,the bent angles are perfect for harman burn pots.the tip is hardened.Is very good,for cleaning the carbon right over top of the igniter,which is the most important part.Yes,i will still need my favorite bent screwdriver,for cleaning the nooks and crannies,on a 1 ton clean,but,I wish i had purchased one of these many years ago.Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, I am very happy with this unit.