In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thank you!!

CleanFire, imacman, Rich250 and 2 others like this.
  2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Never mind, I found another Eco-65 even though they are discontinued!!!! :ups: This stove here will be our parts donor, will work well since some parts from Drolet take weeks to receive.

gbreda, CleanFire, imacman and 3 others like this.
  3. bogieb

bogieb

Oh that is good. I know you like your Eco and the cleaning routine will be familiar.

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yes, Thanks! Pipes too :yes:

5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

That is because they already come that way.

6. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well now I know how many are feeling being quarantined as I started to feel crappy Saturday, felt better and worked my arse off at home on Sunday but up early to work on Monday feeling like I was hit by a semi. Ended up leaving work as required with the current rules and regs in place so I got some rest but slowly started to feel better. Knew if I did not get tested they would not let me back onsite so went Tuesday evening and had a swab shoved up my nose down to my stomach it felt like and now I am still waiting for the results. Co-workers are telling me to get some rest but the emails, text, phone calls do not stop, initially I went for the do not disturb but after getting tested I have not been able to do so as I want to make sure I can get my results . Most everyone I know receives their results in 24 hours but at 7:00 pm tonight it will have been 48 hours if I dont receive my results and I cannot return to work unless I receive negative result.

Soooooo here I wait supposedly resting while my phone keeps BLOWING UP all day everyday. Hopefully negative result on the test and I can get back to work (yeah I know sounds crazy as I Hate this job but it follows me where ever I go) and do something instead of trying to do chite remotely . If for some reason its positive I need to get out of this house away from my wife entirely, I would probably go to my in-laws as they are in Florida until June and really rest probably go fishing and hang with my dog as she loves it there as they have a fenced in backyard.

Hope all are well !

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I'm sorry to hear this :confused:

savemoney, bogieb and imacman like this.
  8. bogieb

bogieb

Not liking the forecast for tomorrow late afternoon thru evening; MI live in the area most likely to see severe weather with winds 60-70 mph, torrential rains and possibility of tornado (low chance).

At least I got my lawn and the neighbor's lawn mowed for the first time this year. Started mowing just after I got out of work and only took a little over an hour since I didn't some areas of both lawns didn't need any work. I wanted to make sure I got the wetter areas as those had gotten fairly high and have had a couple of days to dry out some.

CleanFire, wildwest, gbreda and 2 others like this.
  9. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

It was all over the news that a nursing home in a town near me had been hit and there were positive test results.
    You won't see it reported in the news but those who live nearby know that it was a false positive and nobody there has it.

10. bogieb

bogieb

After runningup to the big city to hit a couple of BBS (both home improvement and Life needs), I all but emptied the shed so I could see if I could fit both snowblowers in with both mowers (plus the metal rack of shelves). Last year the smaller snowblower stayed in the garage but I didn't have any pellets in there either. This year I have about 1/2 ton in there. I managed to fit everything in plus everything but one empty bucket that I don't know why I hadn't thrown away earlier.

Called a local heating/plumbing place to make an appointment for my water heater. It has been putting a lot of water thru the overflow hose lately so I need that corrected or replaced. The water heater is probably 10 years old - the born on date is May 2009.

Had some lunch, read some then decided to walk around the yard. Found a project to work on:

Middle of the fence on the swamp side
    fence at middle.jpg

Fence at the roadside
    fence at road.jpg

Invisible fence except for the posts :D. Also cut back and uprooted a bunch of the invasive roses. If you look pretty much smack dab in the middle (behind the 3rd post from the right), you can see where the stream turns to run along my property line
    fence at middle only posts left.jpg fence at road - only posts left.jpg

At first I thought I would put up a new fence, but I'm kind of liking the openness and that I will be able to keep after those invasive roses (and spot poison ivy before it encroaches too). It's nice being able to see the stream, instead of just hearing it - and I know birds drink and bath down there.

11. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Results came back Negative so back to work yesterday and yes even more of a chite show when I am away for any length of time.

Happy though after a rough day so had a few cocktails with the Mrs. relaxing watching some tube when the storm rolled in and along with it came some serious wind and lightning . Next thing you know we hear loud cracking noise followed by super loud succession of explosive sounds and everything went black . Walked out the front door and peered down the road to see a massive old growth maple (at least 6' in diameter) down which snapped the power pole in half leaving everything attached to it on the ground . Chainsaws started around 11 pm and as much as I despise Unitil they had a new pole up and power restored by 6:30 this morning , pretty impressive !
    Not sure how we have internet this morning as everything as the top of the broken pole is on the ground and the feeder cable is snapped, only thing I can figure is that it is fed from the other direction and we are on the main road where there actually main trunk line which is Fiber is still in tact. Just across the street a big cabinet hangs on the pole not sure what you would call it (node ?) who knows I certainly don't but our tap comes just upstream from it.
    Short but one powerful storm last night in Luneyburg , talking to the cop guess they had 6 other areas where trees wiped out power lines as well.
    First impulse was to fire up the 262 xp but 25 minutes after it happened power surged through the line again for a massive ARC . Glad I fought the temptation.
    Couple more pics as I am sure someone here will know what you call this box on the pole
    Power supply with battery backup for cable ?

Hope all are well .

IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  12. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Got ourselves a TT top ten shaping up today. Gonna grill and have a few cocktails outside today.

13. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Corona can't take away our beer pics :rofl: :lol:

Attached Files:

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Wow, the stove I ordered is estimated to be delivered on Monday :jaw:

The first one was $1500 more, plus $450 shipping and took a few weeks. This one was less, free shipping and estimated delivery so quickly? Regret I did not buy one the last year or two when they went on clearance for even less, but, just happy when new one gets here so we are not blowing hundreds on electric space heaters anymore.

15. schoondog

schoondog

Wifey and I took a nice motorcycle ride yesterday. Great time and great ride all by ourselves. Ancram, Pine Plains, Redhook, Claverack, Copake, NY. 4 hours or so. Then on the way home 1/2 mile from wifes brothers house a tractor tanker (water or milk ) pulled out in front of us. Locked up the brakes and fortunately he either saw us or heard my back tire squealing and he stopped the truck and we got by. Also fortunately we weren't going to fast, I had let up from the speed limit because I hate that intersection (2 lane very rural 2 stop signs one way. and flashing yellow our way. ) He either just sorta rolled through the stop sign or he was stopped to far back and he didn't see us due to the brush on the side of the road. Doesn't matter, he stopped and were are still up and taking nourishment. You can bet I will crawl through that cross road forevermore now. Our direction is a 55 mph speed limit. Made my wife very upset, I kinda get the feeling she is getting more and more leery of riding the bike and this definitely didn't help. I do ride by myself some, but I enjoy riding with her.

Doggy

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Any suggestions? The clean out tee is just a few inches above my floor, pita to get on/off. It lines up with the internal exhaust coming from the exhaust blower in the stove. I'm sorry my attachment is sideways :picard:

Attached Files:

imacman and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  17. bogieb

bogieb

Raise the stove on blocks then adjust the length of the pipe. May be a bigger PITA to do that as to get the base off the T every once in a while

imacman, IHATEPROPANE and wildwest like this.
  18. bogieb

bogieb

Cleaned both stoves this morning. Used the soot eater but not a leaf blower. P61a (basement stove) is done for the season. Basement has been keeping at 66* - which is good enough.

19. gbreda

gbreda

Glad to hear it turned out well...........

Sounds similar to something that happened to me about 7 years ago when I was entering from a stop and going left. Panel van was approaching and taking a right onto road I was leaving from. Car I couldnt see went around the van and almost took me out. They went off the road to avoid me and I managed to stay upright somehow. There was no way they didnt cross the double solid yellow to go around the van and following so close to the van that I couldnt see them.

Granted I had fault here too for not waiting for open roadway. State Trooper said there was not way I could have seen them and this was a pure accident. I rode for a few years after but havnt ridden in about 5 years now. Too much distracted driving.

Although every time I hear the growl of a V Twin (which is often around here), I get the itch.

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:eek: :dex:

That elevation would really help me cleaning too!!!! On the other hand, the hopper is pretty high to begin with but WWW does the majority of bags. We are moving it to the attached enclosed porch (big fan, too noisy for our livingroom/kitchen. So, the pipe height from elevating is getting redone out there anyway!!!! I'll see if I can work out an elevation compromise ;)

imacman, bogieb and IHATEPROPANE like this.