In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:rofl: :lol:

imacman, bogieb and ivanhoe like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Our company put up a vid to thank us. Wish all the heath care, first responders and such the same thing!!

wildwest, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  3. Birddog91

Birddog91

Ours gave us a pair of gloves and have us working 12 hours on then a day off. Guess selling guns is essential. :)

4. bogieb

bogieb

Today was my off Friday, so I only put in 5 hours. Started at 10 am and got done at 3 (no lunch since I started so late). Why start at 10 you ask? Well, because Friday's are split between weeks, half goes to this week, and half to next. 10 am is my halfway point (they go by your normal scheduled hours, not when you actually start).

If I had started at 6 am, then 4 hours would have gone to this week, which is the end of this pay period. I would have literally ended up 0.1 hours under where I would get overtime pay (anything over 100 hours in a 2-week pay period) - and that would just pizz me off. So, I figured I would put all of the time toward my next pay period - may get me something, or may not.

At least I didn't have to commute and its not like I had anything else to do on a cold, rainy day.

schoondog, wildwest, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  5. imacman

imacman

Yes, I know things are not good out there, but I hope this give some of you a good laugh....we need them now:
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 6.41.23 PM.png

IHATEPROPANE, artc, badbob and 9 others like this.
  6. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:rofl: :lol:

7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'm down to 6 rolls, Might get some extra tickets JIC! :)

Ifn they are losers, I can whip my high knee with em I guess?

8. imacman

imacman

Believe it or not, there are still some TP available on Amazon.......at least as of yesterday :whistle:

9. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Yeah getting tougher by the day as now the Carpenters district council is pulling its members from all construction sites. Not sure whats going to happen meaning are the rest of the trades union groups going to pull their members from sites as well ? Don't know but seems likely but who the hell knows anymore so life is in Limbo while still going to work just not sure for how long this will last. The client says they are not shutting down regardless so whats that mean ? will they force us to hire non-union companies to fill the gap ?

Wife's still healthy which means the most to me but man these are some strange and trying times but as I have for the last 58 years will keep on keeping on !
    Truly hope everyone is fairing well and prayers out to all.

10. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

They have some dust masks as well...
    Arrival date on many is May/June...
    Ouch.

Dan

11. Earl764

Earl764

it’s technically available, and I ordered some. Lead time is a couple weeks.

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Happy Birthday MikeSs !​

13. gbreda

gbreda

Yeah, as I work and am at much higher risk because of it, I haven't seen my better half in over two weeks. Cant chance it as she has been sick with the flu and other remnants that are lingering. With her immune system weakened by the demon bug she's had, not taking any chances. She's feeling better but it travelled to throat and then nasal and has taken a lot out of her. WTF

14. gbreda

gbreda

X2 !!

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe and wildwest like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

X3!

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe and wildwest like this.
  16. bogieb

bogieb

Went to the dump then swung by TSC to see if they had pellets outside. They didn't and the parking lot was very full so I didn't bother stopping, just drove thru. I don't "need" pellets, but if I want to keep the P61a on a diet of MWP's I either have to get more , or break open the ton in the tent garage. If I break open that ton, that means I gotta bring it all inside, slogging thru mud. Don't want to do that so will call tomorrow and see if I can arrange to pick up 20-25 bags. That will get me thru the season (the P43 is eating other stuff, not MWP's). And, I can use my $10 off coupon they sent for my mother's Labor Day.

As I drove by the grocery store I saw there weren't many there so stopped and got perishables ad toothpaste. Wanted to get frozen veggies, but the freezer section is pretty bare as it has been for the last 3 weeks. No biggie, I have some still, just was going top off since I'll be making vegie soup in the crockpot tomorrow. Oh, they actually had the Johnsonville hot Italian sausage that is on sale, so picked up three packages. Two are in the freezer and one will go in the soup tomorrow.

Did some reading and took a :sleeping: about 1 (been up since 3). Cats kept me company and it was hard to disturb them when I woke up at 1:30. So I sat and watched Animal Planet for a long while before finally giving the cats the hint to get their lazy butts up . Then I cleaned both stoves, fed everyone and started some laundry.

Hey, I like that when I put in a bunch of filler words it looks like I got a lot done today ;)

17. subsailor

subsailor

I don't know if anyone else here is a Beatles fan, but I grew up in the '60's and that is the music I listened to. After they stopped touring in 1966 they recorded 6 more studio albums before they broke up, none of which were played live. I ran across some videos on YouTube of a band from the Netherlands called the Analogues that are undertaking the task of playing all of them live. But to create the exact same sound, they have been scoring the world for the same instruments, amplifiers, microphones ect. They're pretty impressive. Here is a sample if anyone is interested.

343amc, IHATEPROPANE, imacman and 3 others like this.
  18. gbreda

gbreda

:yes:

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and ivanhoe like this.
  19. MikeSs

MikeSs

thanks all

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and ivanhoe like this.
  20. badbob

badbob

IHATEPROPANE, jtakeman and ivanhoe like this.