In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

The local HD shop I went to, asks that you call first to see if they have what you want.
    OR, if you want to look at bikes..
    OR, if you need service.
    The front doors are closed, you have to go in through the service area.
    The counter has a tape across the room 5 or 6 feet from the counter.
    There is a table near the tape. They bring your part to the table.
    Or.. if you paid with a card, will leave it outside the door..
    The entrance to the showroom/apparel area is closed.. they will let 10 people in at a time.
    They have a skeleton crew onboard.
    Seems like they do as well as possible.
    So they are open, but have some good policies in place.

2. bogieb

bogieb

They've been order by phone or online and pick up / delivery only for a couple of weeks. Even test rides are by appointment only and then they bring the bike outside for you (no looking at the inventory - you can only do that online). Service is drop-off only and you have to leave the key in the night depo9sit box (regardless of time of day). They sanitize all touch points for items entering and leaving the dealership. All payments are made over the phone.

A guy I know just bought a bike yesterday and said it was the strangest process he's ever been thru and has pics on FB of the closing - ouside (you can see the siding of the building), the gal has gloves on and there were two pens - one for her and one for him.

They have been very responsible way before any talk of stay at home order from the gov.

3. bogieb

bogieb

My dealership does not allow anyone but employees inside (has been this way for a couple of weeks). I was up there last weekend and watched transactions as people came to pick up parts and clothes.

Naturally, as of today, the clothing and general merchandise sections are closed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. bogieb

bogieb

How is it was sunny for a couple of days while I was cooped up inside working all day, then there was a whole 2 hours of sun today? It has been heavily overcast and threatening rain pretty much all day. Didn't keep me from spending about 4 hours outside cleaning up some of the gardens. Made 3 trips to the dump; on for trash (first thing this morning), then two with it loaded with repurposed 3 cu/ft mulch bag stuffed with dead leaves, left over stalks off perennials, and limbs that the trees dropped over the winter.

Also put my windmill back into the driveway garden (it overwintered laying down on the other side of the house), and put up a trellis/oblisk for the autumn clematis to climb (that plant got heavily whacked back while I was cleaning up over there).

5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Did a transfer station run today full load as we were in quarantine for two weeks. Noticed the lake is basically ice free. Mt Washington is still snow covered. We will do a cardboard run tomorrow. Roads were empty.

ivanhoe, jtakeman, imacman and 4 others like this.
  6. PelletHound

PelletHound

Stay safe Bear and Mrs Bear.Will be brewing some beer tomorrow strictly for long term survival just in case it all goes to hell.:coldone:

7. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yea.....we've got lines on the floor, etc, but one real issue appears to be the Chatty Charlie and Chatty Cathys who come in and want to just converse because they have been cooped up in their places for God knows how long. I end up being the heavy and having to suggest that they do their business and leave to minimize contact between individuals. And if they bring in their pet?! Even worse. This causes MORE conversation, as well as every females vocal octave to go up 10 points, because, as we all know, pets react better to a piercingly high baby talk voice from a grown person. :D

imacman, Earl764, will711 and 5 others like this.
  8. will711

will711

Greetings my friends , I'm here I just don't post as often , much of my time is taken up with my passion for photography . I'm in touch with my Boyz everyday and Steve O keeps in the loop . Hope all are well , we will get thru this Chit Storm , all is well with my family . Stay Safe my Friends :cheers::cheers:

Here's a sample of my images enjoy.

DSCF3637 (2a).JPG

DSCF3461 (2)A.JPG

DSCF3648 (2).JPG

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Happy Birthday@scajjr2 :cheers:
    Stay safe :yes:

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Wow, love the pics will :thumbs:
    Stay safe and enjoy your passion :D

11. will711

will711

Thank you man I appreciate that very much :cheers:

12. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Awesome... I love B&W when done like this..

Dan

13. will711

will711

Thanks man , I shoot 95% b&w it's my thing . The 1st image is in regular b&w , the other 2 were taken with my converted camera to infrared only sensor . The different light spectrum just makes for some really cool photos IMO .

14. bogieb

bogieb

Those are awesome!

15. will711

will711

Thank you I appreciate that .

16. subsailor

subsailor

Will - You need to visit more often and post more samples. As said many times above, those are awesome. Keep them coming please.

17. subsailor

subsailor

The first pics looks like its in 17th century England.

18. will711

will711

It's the country club that I work at . or as I call it " My Office " . Here's another .
    DSCF3641 (2).JPG

19. scajjr2

scajjr2

Thanks, hit "full retirement age" (66) today. At least with everyone having to stay put the birthday cake is all mine:D

Sam

20. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Saturday decided I needed a break from the craziness so I gave Henry a call to see if he would be around and jumped into my truck for a nice ride through the hills up to Henry"s.
    It was a nice morning so it was an enjoyable ride and I really needed it , always good to see Henry although we did not have a long conversation for obvious reasons.
    Had to go in Friday as crap or screwed up crap was piling up and the owner said they needed me to come in to jump start a lot of important items so reluctantly I did as it seems to defeat the purpose of having us rotate. Glad I did as I got a tremendous amount done in the 6 hours I was there , did get some chit from my own supers and a lot of the subs but heh its not like I had a choice.

Was informed we all may be headed back to work as the Client has finally received full or almost full funding starting tomorrow. Had to go in Sunday as there were issues with the Stainless platform / Stairs install which had to go in as not to hold up a ton of scheduled work behind it. Was told by the owner that they wanted me to show up in person for high level schedule meeting this morning so back I go. They will announce the funding and want to go double shifts 7 days a week as stakeholders will start applying the pressure. I will advise against it and instead try to persuade them to work long hours as double shifts are really not productive , with construction at least on the fly as opposed to a long time planned event.

My only concern is the underlying condition of my dear wife so I have been exceptionally careful and protective of her. I need to work but if cases start to develop at the work site or even at the facility I am not going to chance it ,I will exclude or excuse myself from working there probably at the price of my job but I don't give a Fluck as I am not loosing my partner for anyone or anything. Truly hope everyone is doing as well as possible and hang in there it will get better eventually .
    IMG_0922.jpg IMG_0923.jpg