In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

3. bogieb

bogieb

Although this one is very nice graphically, I find it strange that for large countries, they break them out by areas (and sometimes counties). If you don't know anything about Power BI (the program that is used), you don't know that you can click on, say, "US" on the left, and it will give you more detail on just the US statistics. Those more savvy probably figured it out even without exposure to the program. But for those that are less savvy, it is probalby frustrating.

Eh, I can find fault with any chart / graph - they should consult me before publishing :D

Luneyburg, ivanhoe, gbreda and 3 others like this.
  4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

This virus is putting somewhere around 20% in the hospital. That is a huge number. If this was one of those things that spread slowly i dont think it would be all that bad and probably have similar numbers as the flu. The problem is it is incredibly contagious. A guy goes to a funeral and 60 people get it. It gets into a nursing home and like 30 people die. Someone goes to a conference and 90 people get it. That is outrageous. My wife had the flu and she was the only one I knew that got it this year. Let's listen to the doctors that say stay away so we can slow it down to give the medical professionals the chance to save the lives if people really at risk. 60+ and those with pre existing conditions. I would guess there are plenty of members on this forum that fall into that category.

5. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

I think you are right..
    It won't be long before NH gets the "Shelter in Place" edict...
    It's coming.
    :BrianK:

Dan

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I've just noticed a jump in numbers from the snowbirds coming back from Florida, not a good thing. Another observation is China is starting to get a increase of new cases popping up since the return to work as begun. This is the daily increases to the country chosen(bottom right corner), actual numbers are present on the website I provided when the pointer is over the yellow graph, take a look at USA for a example.
    upload_2020-3-24_0-16-44.png

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    IHATEPROPANE and wildwest like this.
  7. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Interesting weather but surprisingly did not loose power overnight ! Reported 8" of snow yesterday and last night but reduced to half of that in the form of slop after I guess it must have rained nearly as hard as it snowed. No complaints here and surely am not going to attempt shoveling as the back is sore already and hopefully it warms up enough to melt it away.
    Having some coffee getting ready for the first of many Go To meetings, oh joy not liking this work from home crap but that is primarily because my job is a hands on type of job being a field Superintendent.

With that said I am very lucky and grateful to still be earning a paycheck and its just a little frustrating to not be able to head out into the field but I am lucky to be working !

Hope all are well

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  8. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Up at 3am to decide if I had to plow, but, there wasnt enough white stuff here to really consider it, being that its 50 today.
    Gov Baker is putting his "stay at home" edict today....except the "essential business" list is 9 pages long on the Mass.gov website. As I read it, I wonder how some of them are essential? To risk the rancor of all the raging alcoholics here :D, why are liquor stores "essential"? The description is vague enough to allow any guardhouse lawyer enough room to drive a truck through. A better list might be who ISNT considered essential?

Heres the publication for anyone who wants to see it:

https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-essential-services/download

I am concerned with the folks who live and work hand-to-mouth on a weekly basis, and have to remain home. I also wonder how the parasitic opportunists will work this one. Get rich quick schemes, preying on the recently disadvantaged, etc. Panicked people may not be making the right choices right now with their newfound "extra time".

9. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

Looks like some data is missing. The USA reports 0 recovered.

10. Earl764

Earl764

Liquor stores generate a lot of tax revenue. Essential is relative, heh.

11. bogieb

bogieb

Liquor can calm people down, and give them something to do (lift that glass/can/bottle repeatedly). If you can get 151 rum or Everclear, that is disinfectant right there.

12. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Hey! It’s Massachusetts....don’t you dare mess with our ability to get booze...

13. BHags

BHags

The true alcoholics, those actually physically dependent, an argument for another day, will need hospital care and first responders will be answering withdrawal symptom calls. Give them access to what they need.

14. scajjr2

scajjr2

Academy Liquors in Haverhill/Bradford MA has Everclear 190. I use that to make my tinctures.

Sam

15. gbreda

gbreda

So, was at grocery store this afternoon. Not many customers an shelves were pretty well stocked. Had some of most things except cleaning supplies, hand soaps etc.

TP aisle is generally filled end to end. They did have some TP but 2/3 of the aisle was now filled with cases of beer. Guess the message is, if no TP use this to forget about it.

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Stove got a thorough cleaning today, poor thing was complaining, again :emb:. Burning better. :yes:

savemoney, ivanhoe, jtakeman and 4 others like this.
  17. scajjr2

scajjr2

Swung by Hannafords in Hampstead at 6am (they have senior shopping hours Tue-Wed-Thu are 6-7am). Paper aisle totally empty, not much meat or canned goods. Decent amount of frozen stuff (veggies, dinners, etc.). Produce and their own baked good were well stocked.

Sam

savemoney, imacman, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  18. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Did the same in Rochester...
    Picked up 2 - 12 packs of Charmin Ultra..
    they had maybe 20? 2 pack limit.
    Hard to come by these days..
    Market Basket had limited store brands..
    But did have large container Clorox wipes.. 1 per customer

I think Flour is joining that group, now!

Dan

savemoney, imacman, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  19. subsailor

subsailor

The Hannaford in town hasn't had much chicken in the meat case since this started. Today all the has was drumsticks and large bags of party wings. Except you can't party. But why no chicken? I don't get it.

20. gbreda

gbreda

Had a scare last night. Went to put something in the upright freezer in the garage-opened the door and the light didnt come on.

At first thought bulb was out then realized it was unplugged :eek:
    I must have done that inadvertently late sunday when I plugged in the air compressor. Luckily everything still frozen (ice cream was soft but not liquid)and all is OK. The small amount of frost buildup was even still there, no puddles anywhere.

Any other time, losing that $$ in food would be difficult, but right now it would be really bad.

Good thing it wasn't August, whew !!

will711, schoondog, subsailor and 8 others like this.