In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

So Ivanhoe, after 41 years in public service, I feel as though I’m well informed and level headed. I’ve seen a lot as a police officer, firefighter, and EMT. Can you say without a doubt that your description of this virus above is accurate and true? I’ve never heard it described in such vivid and devastating detail. Is our government keeping the real facts of this a secret? It certainly has my attention and I’m lucky enough to have recently retired so I can stay at home and do the right thing. I would appreciate your thoughts. HL 007

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe, gbreda and 2 others like this.
  2. gbreda

gbreda

Snowy, sounds like you and your tenant have a lot to thank each other for. Good neighbors are the best, I'm lucky to have a good family next to us here as well.

Also sound like the Kung Flu goes coast to coast as my better half had it 2 weeks ago. Except here it was called The Demon.

3. gbreda

gbreda

I am in the 6-12 area too. Havnt been watching the news lately so this is a surprise for me, but its also showing 50 degrees on Tuesday so.................

upload_2020-3-22_9-23-57.png

4. schoondog

schoondog

Thank you Ivanhoe for that info. Totally agree with HL 007, I have not heard it explained as well and as simply as you put it. Obviously I am nervous about what is transpiring, though I'm not paralyzed with fear or hoarding food and supplies for my benefit, to the detriment of others.
    I consider myself lucky. I am still working, I work an overnight shift nearly by myself. They have deemed me essential as there is so much mechanical structure at the facility. Still have Insurance and pay check. My wife works at privately owned pharmacy and has had her hours cut, She is still employed. ( they closed the store part because they had several angry customer incidents. Now the customers have to go to a window to get their scripts. ) Things are always tight financially for us so we are used to being broke. :D One of the toughest parts is our son and daughter in law have quarantined them selves and the grand kids and NO one is allowed in their house and they are not bringing them out except for exercise. Son is working and DIL is on maternity leave. The 3 week old has not gotten his shots yet and she is breast feeding so they are not taking any chances except he is out working and doing all other public chores very carefully. I get it, but really miss them.
    Could not celebrate wifeys 60th birthday except for going for some Mexican we picked up and ate in. We will hopefully celebrate our birthdays in June or July. Wifes very good friend lost her oldest son and cannot have any sort of public services which is heartbreaking.

Stay safe folks and wishing you all the best.,

Doggy

5. gbreda

gbreda

This is really the big question-what to believe. I ran this past a nurse I know who said she was skeptical of it.

Who knows for sure what is correct but this is also why I am not watching the news for more than a few minutes or general internet. Over stimulation of this type can cause depression without you even knowing its happening.

For me, its time for good decisions, reasonable caution and to not go overboard in any direction.

6. gbreda

gbreda

Heartbreaking on so many levels doggy. My sincerest condolences to them.

7. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Well.. no NASCAR racing today..
    However, I do plan to check out the iRacing out of curiosity.
    I know several of the regular Cup drivers are in it, and a couple of them are
    quite good at iracing.
    I know the graphics are incredible.
    And Jeff Gordon and Mike Joy are doing the commentary.

8. Earl764

Earl764

a lot of time those small places are the best.

Back in the day i worked at a computer store across the street from compusa(remember them?). People would go there first, get screwed and then come to us. Was the real deal with all us nerds wearing glasses and buttoned up. I was a youngin then and Learned a lot of what might be referred to as unwritten rules of life there.

Was everything down to desoldering to replace broken power plugs on laptops, etc.

9. Earl764

Earl764

my sister in law is on the front lines. It’s as bad as they say it is. When you get it it’s a crapshoot for how your body reacts since it’s not the flu, as in not caused by the influenza virus. It’s called novel Coronavirus because it’s a coronavirus that people haven’t been exposed to, thus no levels of immunity preexisting in the body.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, gbreda and 2 others like this.
  10. Earl764

Earl764

now that’s pretty cool.

11. bogieb

bogieb

Well, I got the proper equipment to get to those spark plugs as well as new air filters. Installed all the goods. Tried to start the small mower and it backfired big time. Oops, forgot to gap it. Did that, and it started up after a couple of tries. Gapped the plug before trying to start the big mower, so no backfiring on it when I got it started.

Now thinking I might just buy some blades from TSC and try to replace them myself. Might seem like a small thing to many on here, but each of these things is new to me, and I am much better at the demolition/tearing apart of things than putting back together :emb:. Well, at least I have 2 so if I break one it can go in the shop and I'll still be able to destruct some grass.

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

The info was shared by a friend who's a nurse since getting out of school. She's not known to say blah, blah and blah, she sticks to the facts! I'll see if I can find more info on this subject. Think again where this all started! Ever seen a market in this area, there's videos on this. Look at the other outbreaks from this country, it's their way of life and they haven't learn too much from this. Meanwhile the rest of the world is at risk which we're experiencing at this moment along the older outbreaks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Bingo, you get it!

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Hope this works, a video on the Wahun market!

IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  15. imacman

imacman

It's Homestead...Larson for the win! LOL Maybe Gordon will do a Jr. impersonation..."Slide Job!....Slide Job!"

16. subsailor

subsailor

:eek:

That certainly is an eye opener.

IHATEPROPANE and ivanhoe like this.
  17. gbreda

gbreda

Sorry, not willing to even look at it

18. gbreda

gbreda

Back to work tomorrow. No work from home for us.

19. bogieb

bogieb

Me neither

20. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

I was amazed at how real it was.. especially with Mike Joy and Jeff Gordon, with Larry Mac.
    My word... if you just glanced at it every now and then thinking about something else,
    you'd have thought it real...

Dan