In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bogieb

bogieb

Stayed in the upper 50's overnight and the wind was calm so the main floor stove hasn't run since the cleaning and it is still 70* in here. Basement stove has run occasionally, but the ground is still cold, so that is to be expected. Probably part of the reason that the main floor stove hasn't had to do anything too.

wildwest, slvrblkk, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  2. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Pellet stove off overnight in January? Yes, please!

wildwest, slvrblkk, ivanhoe and 7 others like this.
  3. imacman

imacman

My '02 (actually bought in July of '01) Chevy Trailblazer has 255K on it. In it's 19 years, never had engine, trans., transaxle, or rear end out or rebuilt. Starts like day one. Yes, some had some growing pains (it was the 1st year for that model). Normally, I would steer clear of a "first year anything", but needed something that had a real frame under it for safety with my young kids.
    But I attribute a lot of the longevity to a reg. maint. schedule, and also to switching to full synthetic fluids in everything. I feel that most vehicles built today can achieve these years & miles if properly taken care of.
    That being said, it IS in need of a new A/C compressor.....sounds like the front cover bearing is about to leave, and I think I have an exhaust leak either in the manifold/head connection, or in the donut.

wildwest, slvrblkk, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  4. schoondog

schoondog

Nice yesterday 68 deg. Took a motorcycle ride to see a few buddys who are getting some health issues taken care of this winter so we can ride a bit this summer. It was great riding in January.

Doggy

badbob, wildwest, ivanhoe and 11 others like this.
  5. savemoney

savemoney

Was so warm yesterday. All the roads wet with melting snow and mixed in road sanding/salt. Anything behind a vehicle ahead of you got covered in dirt. I would think any bike would be plastered with dirt. I did take my car to the car wash mostly to get the underneath cleaned off. We are supposed to be having an ice storm now. but I don't see anything but cloudy weather.

wildwest, ivanhoe, imacman and 4 others like this.
  6. schoondog

schoondog

Ya I had some reservations about that, but in the afternoon the roads were pretty good down here. Short ride, mostly visiting with the recuperating. Anytime I can get a comfortable ride in Jan. I'm taking it !

Doggty

wildwest, ivanhoe, imacman and 5 others like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Mine popped on for a smidgen dis morning.

And da stink bugs are back, Welp at least the kitties are having fun with em.

wildwest, ivanhoe, imacman and 3 others like this.
  8. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Current situation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 65 degrees.... windy and sunny!!! Heading to the trail for a hike.

wildwest, ivanhoe, imacman and 4 others like this.
  9. Earl764

Earl764

I love finding those and then tossing them into the web of one of those half dollar+ sized spiders that make those horror movie style webs. Right into the recycler! :D

wildwest, ivanhoe, imacman and 3 others like this.
  10. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Beautiful day today and one I did not have to work so washed the excessive salt off both vehicles the wife's Jeep and my truck , also maximum OCD cleaning on both the stove's
    All in All a very productive day .

Stove has only come on twice in two day's , how fricking cool is that ! Got to be in early tomorrow 4:00 am start for some covert Ops so early to bed tonight but also have taken on another job at the same complex. Another company's job whom is now our Job so its going to be busy for the next month Shocker !

The other company on their job broke a sprinkler pipe which sent thousands of Gallons of water down to the 2 floors below it and trashed it. Pretty much a complete Gut as there simply cannot be any mold at any time in the building as there are Labs in addition to office space. Have had 90 workers gutting the place since Friday afternoon and have 4 weeks to restore it back to it's original state . Our client has given us the Job as we are the only company that has the resources to handle it . So that's it in a nutshell have to get up at 2:15 am to be on my original job and then head over to the second one to make sure its moving forward, hopefully no walks with the client as I simply don't have time to do it.

Hope all are well and enjoying the reprieve from winter !

wildwest, ivanhoe, imacman and 6 others like this.
  11. bogieb

bogieb

Glad you got a day off but it sounds like it may be a while before that happens again. You seem to be collecting jobs like others collect beanie babies. Hope things go smoothly for you and the client doesn't need a tour or a confab!

12. ChandlerR

ChandlerR

Well, I planned on a nice relaxing day enjoying the 70 degree temps....Wash the cars, take a hike with the dogs but no. Mother Nature decided to mess with me. I had just washed the cars...in my t shirt!...and my son opened up my canvass shed to take his bike out. A huge gust of wind came and grabbed the 10X12 shed and flipped it up on its rear end. Pulled two screw stakes right out. *sigh* So now I have 2 four foot rebars driven into the ground. That should do it! Then I had to fix the shelves and all the things I had on the walls, put the lights back up and straighten up one rafter. At least the cars are clean!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Earl764

Earl764

Never fails. I used the time to do a little paint touch up on the truck. The warmer weather and gusty wind helped.

14. artc

artc

I'll keep my DMax:thumbs:

gbreda, savemoney, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

And, Just like that! We are back to winta.................. :doh:

:shiver:

16. Earl764

Earl764

Amen.

17. artc

artc

last week......

skiing 2020.jpg
    this weekend with the great weather we had the opportunity to complete the excavation of the pond at the Zagray Farm Museum. 90.5 year old George Jarvis was manning the 80D dragline, Joe on the 22B Becyrus-Erie, and iwas running laps with a 10 wheeler B210 International dump truck. installed the 6" dry hydrant for the fire dept. fun was had by all! finished except for a catch basin to set the high water level of the pond.

George Jarvis on the dragline.jpg
    80D dragline bucket.jpg
    pond completed.jpg

badbob, savemoney, wildwest and 10 others like this.
  18. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Was it difficult working around all the permitting etc.?
    My cousin would love to dredge his small pond, but the hassles make it a PITA.

19. artc

artc

no permits required in CT if you are installing a dry hydrant and calling it a fire pond. as of a couple years ago the fire dept's went to the legislature and got legislation passed exempting fire ponds from all the wetland stuff

20. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

That's awesome..
    My cousin would love to dredge a small pond on his property..
    Funny the state (NH)
    paid to improve an old logging road to get in to the woods,
    in case of a fire.. (he has 100 acres of a good size wooded area).
    I will ask him if he ever looked into if NH had similar legislation.
    Although, I think they would have mentioned it,
    if that rule was applied here as well..
    Thanks..

Dan

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020