In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. scajjr2

scajjr2

I make both hemp & cannabis oils (wife has fibromyalgia & rheumatoid arthritis, I have milder RA, we have NH Medical cannabis cards) . One nice thing of the Farm Bill passed in 2018 is a loosening of restrictions on hemp. Hemp flower/buds can now be purchased & shipped legally in the US. We had purchased CBD oil in the past from Charlotte's Web. It worked but was $275 for 4 oz bottle of their highest concentration. I can get an oz of hemp flower for as little as $60. Add in $28 for 32 oz of MCT oil and it costs me $2.75 per oz. I use hemp from Blacktie CBD (they grow their own, some places are just resellers). Hemp by law must have a THC (the psychoactive part) content of .3% or less. But hemp usually has very high CBD content, sometimes as high as 30%. Decarbing it increases the potency of the CBD (I have the Ardent Nova decarber) and I use a Magical Butter II to infuse the hemp with the oil (basically a big enclosed immersion blender with temp & time controls).

Main benefits of CBD are calming & relaxing, anti-inflammatory and pain relief. The cannabis oil I make has the same but helps in falling & staying asleep. The cannabis I get from the dispensary has a 1:1 THC/CBD ratio, better for relaxing & sleep vs getting high. I take the hemp CBD during the day and the cannabis one at night. My wife loves it as it works on her pain and gives her the sleep fibro suffers need. I provide some for family & friends. One friend's wife says the cannabis oil is the only thing that stops him snoring.

Yes one can test positive using just hemp based oil as there IS some, albeit very little, THC in it.

I just ordered some new hemp strain which is bred for high CBG. CBG is the parent of THC, CBBa, CBDa, etc. It's benefit is having excellent calming, relaxing & anti-inflammatory properties while letting your mind focus. Early research is saying the medical benefits of CBG could be even greater than CBD. And mixing CBG oil with CBD oil is supposed to enhance the properties in the CBD. Looking forward to experimenting with the CBG.

Sam

2. badbob

badbob

Interesting info,as i know little about this stuff. But I have seen and heard about the benefit from the oils,from people with aliments.however,i also have seen bad things, with Medical Maj.,since became legal out here.however,believe it or not,the biggest "drug" problem,here in MT, is meth,according to police officer friends.I had no idea,untill I went camping/hunting with them,a few weeks ago.

3. savemoney

savemoney

Thanks Sam, My son and his wife are into "growing" Those plants were beautiful. Big bushy plants, bright green. They, as far as I know, are not into CBD. I am going to buy the bottle of CBD and try it before I do anything else. I've avoided all pain meds except for some topical ointments. I'll keep this message for reference thank you.

4. badbob

badbob

Uh Oh,kitten just discovered the cat racetrack with the captive rolling ball,I may not get good sleep tonight,lol!

5. Earl764

Earl764

Good to have something to burn energy.

6. BHags

BHags

I see Maine and New Hampshire on your locations. I'm not pushing anything, but all you need is a valid driving license to purchase anything in Mass. The dispensary people are knowledgeable about all the uses of cannabis. It's not for everyone, but it is a viable option.

7. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Nice...Antique tuning fork??

SB14265-main-530Wx530H.jpg

badbob, slvrblkk, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  8. smoke show

smoke show

badbob, slvrblkk, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Not likely,but if you say so ........

badbob, slvrblkk, imacman and 6 others like this.
  11. smoke show

smoke show

I'm superhuman!

badbob, slvrblkk, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Ya, you are sumpten alright. We just haven't figured out just what.

slvrblkk, bogieb, imacman and 7 others like this.
  13. savemoney

savemoney

Overview for ADC 500512 Tuning Fork, 512cps
    This Tuning Fork with a frequency of 512 cps (cycles per second) is made of a durable aluminum alloy and is non-magnetic. It weighs 1/3 of the weight of other similar steel tuning forks. It is made of a solid piece of metal for superb performance and consistent accuracy of the frequency. The Tuning Fork features a handle with a length of 2" which is conducive for bone conduction tests. The fork is made in the US and comes with instructions for use.

14. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

joking.gif

Dan

badbob, slvrblkk, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  15. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Temp dropped to 16 here last night. Time to start thinking about going to buy some pellets.

IHATEPROPANE, badbob, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:shiver: = :BrianK:

Slackin today with a few inside projects to tinker on. Hope to get the buggy washed and waxed tomorrow.

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  17. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Depending on the weather we may run Munchy some today..

Tired after yesterdays workout.

18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

19. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

IHATEPROPANE, badbob, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  20. Birddog91

Birddog91

Been out in the woods with the Birddog getting some pheasants. After 2 years of being lazy ( I sold my liquor store) wife wants me to get out of retirement. Appears I will be getting a job now. ( Have an offer pending background check as I will be selling guns). Been burning the last of the junky Vermonts. Had a pro come clean out the stove pipe etc. ( I have a free stander going up the fireplace and I did not put a T pipe in so it gets tight back there so every few years I have em do it and they clean the stove. 150 bucks, not too bad.) realized yesterday that my versa grate not working, so that was a messy stove (esp with cruddy pellets). Tore stove down, making sure nothing easy was the issue, and for once the negative wire was popped off some how. Fired her up and poof he works. ( It is never easy for me lol). Thats my update.... .