In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ChandlerR

ChandlerR

That's what I did! I stole this one and I am always looking for another to flip...probably too late in the season now. Maybe next Spring

2. Earl764

Earl764

Thinking my room blower either needs an oiling or a lobotomy. That should be fun on an insert.

ttdberg, bogieb, imacman and 2 others like this.
  3. subsailor

subsailor

Lost power 10 minutes ago. I never lose power and I can see lights on the streets all around me so I don't know what's going on. The Honda is keeping the lights on but she doesn't run like she used to. I may have to look into getting a replacement.

4. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Weather forecast says we’re getting 2” of sn*w on Friday. Wonder if that will really happen.

5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:eek: o_O :loco: :crazy: :doh::picard::headbang: :mad:

Me hopz notz!!

Day full of vehicle maintenance, prepping and JIC it does what tt said(not sayin it!!) :zip:

We be pttin on the winta sneakers................. ;)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :coldone: :cheers:

:drunk:

6. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

The smart phones have taken over the communication scene for sure.....

Back in 2011 I was still using a flip open type phone....but then the battery started to get flakey.
    I was still driving truck then and needed the phone all the time.
    I decided to stop off at Verizon and get a fresh new phone.....

The sales staff lead me to a wall full of Droids and iphones

I commented "I need a phone, not a tablet"

The young lady informed me that the days of flip phones was coming to a close...

So I got started with an iphone 4

Never looked back.

Have an 8 plus now...love it.

I like being able to do everything I can do on the big desk top right there in my hand while I'm away.

We had the iphone 7 plus for a while, but with all the apps (Banking and such) we ran out of memory (Why I got units with only 16 gigs of memory is a real ?????????????????????????????? :picard: so when I could not update the apps it was on to the 8 plus with 256 gig.

Always go for the max memory....lest ye be left with a paperweight the you still owe $$$ on...

Apps, pictures, notes, and yada yada yada...memory usage just eats away at what you DON'T HAVE LEFT.....
    We got to where deleting pictures and seldom used stuff was not enough to keep up with what was needed to keep the often used stuff running.

If I could have got my iphone with a terabyte of memory I would have... in a heart beat..

7. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Busy day yesterday.

The daughter came up to grab the trailer and go get hay for the horses.

Got her all hooked up and she went and got the hay.

Son in law is in California fighting fire, and he usually does the hay thing.

After it's all done I am apprised that some how the wire harness on the magnetic light set got torn in half... :(:( So had to mend that thing.....

Always something..

Got time to drag up a few more barrels of shells too.
    Cleaned the little stove and readied it for the next round.

Actually ran all night on just the big stove and the house was comfy this morning.

I need to clean the big stove today as the ash is just about filled up the ash pan.

After I feed the horses this morning and we have breakfast it will be time to rip into the big stove... :yes::yes:

I ordered a high limit snap switch the other day to build a vent pipe over temp safety for the big Whit.

The switch arrived yesterday.

I want a final word safety on the vent to shut the stove off if the vent reaches 250 F

Normal temp is 150 F at 12 inches from the stove.

Just in case of a timer failure or someone turns things up way too high ??????

The high limit is a manual reset type and it will go in the feed wire to the auger motor.

A bit more of a peace of mind thing.....
    The stove has over temps on the room air plenum, and there is a burn back snap switch.

I really want to be able to catch an over fire waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before things get far enough out of hand to be serious...

This stove was not originally equipped with any real good over fire protection.

It has the air plenum over temp (Room fan failure) and it has a pressure switch to sense a plugged vent.

A burn back sensor is located in the OAK inlet.

During the refit I wired things so if the draft fan blows it's fuse the stove shuts off NOW
    Ahhh yess.... MORE GOODER :thumbs:

8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

What do I feed my tree rats? On the menu is .22 in lr, number 6 in tweet tweet, and number 4 in "buck shot". I'm sorta leaning towards number 6 in tweet tweet.

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe, badbob and 5 others like this.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Now where is my Elmer Fudd hat?

10. Earl764

Earl764

Would love a download of your brain, Snowy. I tell quite a few folks about your projects. Truly inspiring.

11. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Thanks Earl

Having grown up in a family on the ranch where everything that needed fixing was pretty much an issue we had to do ourselves.

Dad was a machinist/tool and die man (High precision machined parts)
    Grandpa was where dad learned it all.

I went to college to get a degree in auto tech..... then went to work for a company in the wood products industry building machinery.

Over the years I was exposed to electrical stuff, hydraulics, and soooooo much more.

While in the machinery bizzz I had the chance to learn a bunch about electrical schematics and how this stuff works.

Once ya get the basics of the idea down the rest just falls into place quite readily.

"What do we need to do...When do we need to do it...and how much"

That's the basics of pellet stove operation.

Run fans, feed pellets (Fuel)

The rest (SAFETY STUFF) is just to keep the house from burning down:yes:

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe, badbob and 2 others like this.
  12. smoke show

smoke show

35° perfect riding weather!
    20191102_100638.jpg

13. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I found some number 6 in tweet tweet and in short brass even that'll fix that tree rat.

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe, badbob and 3 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

I never owe on my phones. Buy them outright (either as discounted refurbs or at massive discount because they aren't the current version). I don't have a contract. My bill is as small as it can get for only having 1 phone, unlimited text & phone and 1G of data. If I go over on data (very rare - like maybe twice in 4 years) they automatically raise me to the next tier and I get another gig for an extra $5 on my bill. I don't do banking or anything like that on the phone - I am a pretty basic user. Prefer to do all that type of stuff on my computer.

15. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Got up this morning had a great cup of coffee after sleeping in well for me anyways and decided I was going to grab a skid of Platinum's today. Drove out to the owner of my company's house as he is on vacation and he offered his brand new truck so I could grab a metric ton of pellets which I wont do with my truck except the place that is right up the street.

Nice fricking truck actually exactly what I will have some day , F 350 Lariat with a 6.7 turbo diesel one heavy duty truck with torque like I have never experienced before with the 1.2 ton of pellets this thing would idle up hills ! Could have easily hauled 2 skids in the back of the truck but did not want to screw it up even he said have them put two skids in as it was running with one skid like there was nothing in the back.

Had a peaceful relaxing ride through the hills up to see Henry whom is one solid dude and quite interesting as well. If he asked me once he asked me 5 times if I was sure I wanted them as some customers were not happy because of the length of the pellets, I told him I had a problem with them before but that was a few years back and unless they were still that long up to 2" my Harman's should be fine. He just wanted to be sure I was going to be happy with my purchase that is the type of dude Henry is one solid dude. He asked where I was coming from and when I told him he followed with how far away is that and I responded 72 miles which he replied I should give you some money for gas and we both laughed.
    It was a therapeutic ride for me especially in that truck which is loaded to the hilt and quite comfortable especially riding through the hills which I love to do .

All in all a great day the Plats are burning fine I like them a lot really nice pellet but yes they are long but not as bad as before.
    Hope all are well and having a great weekend . IMG_0618.jpg IMG_0620.jpg

Thor, eatonpcat, subsailor and 10 others like this.
  16. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

We have two cell phones, two land lines and our internet service (Cellular) through Verizon

I like having the ability to do banking on the fly.

I carry little $$$ in my debit cards that are on me...if I need $$$ I just move some $$ to my account on the go.

I don't need the latest phone...we got the 8 plus when the Ten came out.

I love the big screen.

The kids bought the XR I think it is.

My big deal is having plenty of memory onboard.

We will run the 8 plus phones till they croak

Apple will likely be up to 20 before we change again.

As long as there is memory and the batteries hold up...I'm good

17. badbob

badbob

Thanks for the cell info,guys and gals,will be researching it when i get back home.Just today,as tracfone service is terrible here at sisters,I got 4 messages from her kids(or their wives,not sure) that said something like-enhanced message could not be downloaded. Had to walk down the lane and call one,as signal is so poor.They wanted to take me to dinner,but I had their parents P68 torn apart.Is together now,and pumping heat back into this drafty place,lol.

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, imacman and 3 others like this.
  18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Geez, You should a been a nice guy and rode down to help me with me brakes. Wound up doing all 3 vehicles......All 4 corners even ......:rofl: :lol: :makeitrain"

:headbang: :pain: :BrianK:

Ran outta day light, Back out tomorrow to finish da oil changes and udder chit..............

Right now! :coldone: until I :drunk:

Thor, BHags, IHATEPROPANE and 10 others like this.
  19. ChandlerR

ChandlerR

I have the same phone with the same memory. I blows my mind that this little thing has more memory than my Macbook Air. Of course it's a 2012 and memory has become cheap and plentiful! Love the phone.

20. badbob

badbob

LOL They tell me the newer phones have more computing power than what it took to put the first man on the moon!!