In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. imacman

imacman

I'd be crying too if I I discovered a beer that had been lost in the 'fridge for 1 1/2 years....or even 1/2 year, or 1/2 week.....Will would pass out. :rofl: :lol:

Eric VW, ivanhoe, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  2. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

3. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Corned beef today! Slow cooking until 6ish

Attached Files:

4. CleanFire

CleanFire

That fog is a anti-aging preservative Larry - you're Good To Go. :thumbs:
    (Just don't inhale too much.) :whistle:

:coldone:

Eric VW, imacman, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  5. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well not such a fun St. Paddy's day but a great night at least . The Mrs. comes to me saying that one of he headlights was out and she was going to take it to the dealer to have it fixed, now I know what everyone is thinking but its a damm Caddy with HID and you have to remove to much chite to get to it so I gave in as I did not want to be doing it myself (on St. Paddy's day)when i had so much other crap to take care of.
    Well a few hours go by so I knew it wasn't good, anytime your car is at a Cadillac dealer more than an hour before you get the call you are screwed. So i call her and ask her whats up and she puts me on the phone with the mechanic . HID ballast is toasted the entire lens cover assembly is screwed and allowing water to come in, hence the reason the ballast fried. At this point I tell the mechanic to stop as I was heading down there. As I walk in I see the pile of parts he removed to get to the headlights and ballast ect. and the car is up on the rack. Start looking around and the frame has got some bad rust spots / holes , brakes are almost toast rockers are rusting bad not looking good, some kind of oil leak, rear seals going bad . I have sunk way to much in the car in the last few years primarily because of all the parts that only Cadillac has access to less the Junkyard which I did scope out and they wanted phenomenal money as well if they had them period.
    So to replace the entire unit , lens, ballast, bulb ect. was $1800 no fing way was I going to do that so of course I am thinking well Ill get the lens assembly from the junkyard and remove the harness for the HID ballast and install LED's but all of this takes time and well at 150k and all the fricking parts that make this a luxury car and 90% of them only available to Cadillac it is time to retire what has been one of the best cars I have ever owned.
    If I had some place to do the work, welder , and time to haunt the junkyards it would be a different story but thats not reality for me at least not any more. My gut and soul wants to take it on just to do it and basically say Frick you Cadillac and prove to myself I could do it which I have not doubt I could with time and resources. Wish I really could do it as I miss doing this kind of thing horribly as most of my life I would take care of this myself with the help of friends. Wife needs a car now not a week from now so today it will be off to purchase a new SUV well most likely a used one as with a single income in the household finances are tight.

It will not be a Cadillac that you can be assured of as the extent of proprietary parts is absolutely disgusting and almost seems criminal but Cadillac has got it down to a science, plus there is no F''ing way I could afford one .

Last night was a grand time as I went to dinner with my 2 sisters and their husbands and had a wonderful dinner and great time hanging with Family .Good food , good drink, great stories it was really good to see them. Great end to an annoying day and actually saw a former employee from a big job we did 5 years ago and I have not seen him since his wedding or talked to him either . Great guy who moved on to another company and happy where he is , asked where I was working which I replied Hellvard and being in the business he knows what its like to work there said "we" as in his new company is looking for Super's . So good to know as they are building Labs which is where to be focused right now as when the economy tanks and the bottom falls out the Life Science will continue to grow and flourish .
    We went to Giblet Hill in Groton and would recommend to anyone if you are in the area and want to have an excellent meal with you honey this place will not disappoint, superb food and drink most of which is grown or raised right there on their farm. Its a bit expensive but worth every penny just make sure you make reservations well in advance .

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I bought one just to help with the simple fixes. Best $100 bucks I spent. First check engine light on the Fusion would have cost me $85 for diagnostics and $300 for repair. Turned out it was a simple purge valve that only cost $35 and change. 2 screws and one hose(20 minute repair). It was all good and without the tool, I wouldn't be able to clear the code.

Used it several times since and has saved lots of $$ on the things I can fix. More beer money for me........... :D

7. CleanFire

CleanFire

Cheapo trying to save the Beer Money, sounds familiar. :whistle:
    :thumbs:

8. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Anybody have any insight on what dishwasher I should buy?

Eric VW, wildwest, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  9. CleanFire

CleanFire

One that dresses in skimpy outfits, massages feet, and serves Smoothies? :whistle:

gbreda, subsailor, Eric VW and 9 others like this.
  10. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

They dont make em like they used too......

schoondog, CleanFire, Eric VW and 4 others like this.
  11. will711

will711

We have a Fridgidare " Gallery Series " super quiet 10 years old no issues .

12. CleanFire

CleanFire

If the EVAP line break was up by the tank, and before the EVAP line running along the frame rail to the front -> engine compartment,

it may be more cost-effective to have the line patched, vs. trying to replace the (entire) line / disturbing the other lines running along side the frame rail / possibly causing further issues ..

Trying to (remove) and replace a single line in that line set running along the frame rail, if the other lines are degraded, can get expensive, real quick.

Just saying sectioning in a piece of fuel injection hose or replacement line for an EVAP issue is a durable repair / will most likely outlast the vehicle.

Hope this helps B.

13. savemoney

savemoney

Just replaced a Whirlpool SS that I got from Lowes just under three years ago. Had it repaired twice. Was under the extended warranty so I got full credit to replace it. This time, we got a SS Kitchen Aid. It was $300 over what we paid for the Whirlpool. So far so good. Very quiet machine and the dishes are clean. Now here is the kicker, Kitchen Aid was bought by Whirlpool.
    upload_2018-3-18_11-7-7.png

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Had a Maytag but now a Bosch. Barely use it anymore as the kids have left the den:smoke:

CleanFire, Eric VW, will711 and 3 others like this.
  15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Or just run a new line without touching the old line!

16. imacman

imacman

IHATEPROPANE Consumer Reports Annual Buyers guide for '18 has the Bosch Ascentra SHX3AR7[5]UC and the Kenmore 14523 both highly rated and Best Buys. Both were in the $600 range, while all the ones around it were over $1000

17. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Thanks! I will check it out. But to be honest, I dont trust Consumer Reports at all. I bought an LG dehumidifier which was the #1 rated and also, the most expensive. It lasted 3 months. Like a year or two later they issued an apology because they got terrible real life reviews. But that was too late.

imacman, CleanFire, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  18. imacman

imacman

Yeah, I get it. But maybe do an online review search for those 2 models.....should be someone out there that has bought & reviewed it. here's the ones avail. on Amazon and are 4 stars & above, sorted by $$:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_...2673999011&qid=1521392016&sort=price-asc-rank

19. imacman

imacman

Another Bosch rated very highly:
    Bosch Ascenta Series SHS5AV55UC

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

IHATEPROPANE I have a GE, its so quiet I have to put my hand on the door if I want to make sure it's washing. First one was shipped rusty, second one had a bad valve, but since then its worked well. I too heard Bosch is the cats meow, and seems there are so many out there that reviews should helpful. My only complaint is the cycle run time takes forever, but guessing all new machines are that way now days, and I paid extra for the little garbage disposal in mine, all the Bosch's have a filter cup that you manually empty. Also, I had to switch to more expensive detergent and more expensive rinse aid ( :eek: it guzzles rinse aid).

imacman, CleanFire, Eric VW and 3 others like this.