In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. imacman

imacman

That must be quite a LR, or quite a crowded one. :eek:

wildwest, savemoney, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Might be an affordable sofa......... Hmmm!

:D

wildwest, savemoney, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  3. badbob

badbob

LOL did it 2 years ago,decided to not take truck in lower yard,as might pick up another ton next week,for next year,can sit in truck all winter.Maybe pot picture tomorrow,lol Being single helps,and cat loves it,more places to climb.

4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Vent away!! We can handle it. When it gets real bad, just think of what its like to be working at Smokeys post office and a delivery for him comes in........

5. badbob

badbob

Oh,listed a fasco motor on the christmas PIF thread,I know it fits older buck wood stoves,hope someone has a use for it.

6. badbob

badbob

LOL

7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:rofl: :lol:

:doh:

8. bogieb

bogieb

In my case, the good ones go pretty much as fast as the bad ones (there is some difference, but not enough to make up for price). And the Harman's do all the adjusting all by themselves, unlike some other stove. Just depends on how much ash your willing to put up with.

Disclaimer - neither of my Harman's work very hard so maybe the difference is more pronounced if someone doesn't have way too much stove(s) for their house :)

9. CleanFire

CleanFire

Thinking... Yes! :D

10. bogieb

bogieb

In case anyone was wondering, why yes you can fit a ton of pellets in an Explorer - with room to spare (as long as you have no passengers or large dogs with you anyway)Order of pics - tailgate, driver's side back seat door, passenger side front door

20171215_171904.jpg 20171215_171852.jpg 20171215_171920.jpg

No, I didn't need pellets (now back up to about 7 tons. But most of what I have is very ashy. I don't mind but when I leave to see the folks for 4 days, I want my house sitters to have as easy a time taking care of stoves as possible. Since the MWP's that I tried out a couple weeks ago burned very clean, I decided they would be ideal for the house sitters.

1/2 ton in garage and the other 1/2 ton in the house.

11. CleanFire

CleanFire

:thumbs: That "may" be a little illegal. :whistle: I Like it ! :thumbs:

12. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Nice!!

13. gbreda

gbreda

I know, right? In NH its law that you clean the snow off the roof of your vehicle. I see a little left. That's just terribly irresponsible :whistle:

imacman, ivanhoe, wildwest and 7 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

Hey, I could see both side mirrors and had unobstructed view - out side windows. No worse than work vans that have no rear window. truck is rated for just about what was in there.

Wouldn't want to drive it too far like that, but less than 5 miles to get home and I made sure to take it nice and easy and give myself plenty of room for braking. The engine/transmission didn't even sound/feel like they were working and the brakes grabbed good. This was already set up to do towing when I got it so I think it got some of the heavier duty stuff added on.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  15. bogieb

bogieb

Alright, you got me on that. There is some left :rolleyes:

16. bogieb

bogieb

By the way, I really didn't think I was bringing home a ton. I went there to ask about the policy on if I had to take a full ton if I paid for it or could pick up in batches. They said they would do batches (who knew?). Once we started filling the truck, it became obvious that I would get real close to the ton in there so we went for it.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you could take partials from my local store anyway. So if you are using your car to haul pellets that would save you money instead of buying by the bag. Course I know you usually buy LeCrete and LG's, but it's always nice to have options.

17. badbob

badbob

LOL ya way illegal,and hard on the suspension!

bogieb, imacman, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  18. badbob

badbob

5 miles? piece of cake,no problems!

19. CleanFire

CleanFire

:thumbs: I thinks you got the HD suspension package w/ the Tow package !

Nicely done there B. :yes: (Just watch those pellet bags stacked above the head rests next time.. That's a potentially big headache.)

When Emily and I were driving back to UNH Sunday after Thanksgiving break, there was a mini-Van loaded to the gills w/ sawmill-cut lumber on Route 9 heading East towards Concord, that poor vehicle had blown the driver's rear strut - it was 'listing to port' something awful.

Guy must have lived local to Concord, 'cause he kept on driving it.. Right onto Interstate 89 -> into the breakdown lane. It was painful to watch from 3 cars back. :picard:... Folks behind me were getting pizzed, but I'm watching the load shift left mile-by-mile as we went along, and giving -plenty- of room in case some of the lumber decided to 'jump ship'.

Guy was doing 45 MPH / 1o under-the-limit and no signs of pulling over, so naturally every impatient driver behind us was blasting by & illegally passing on the left. What to do? I probably would've kept going as well.

Anyways, -nice- load-testing of the Explorer this evening. :thumbs:
    :coldone:

-Thanks- for the info on being able to split pickup purchases up @ Hillsboro TSC !
    That does help - those are the MWP pellets you picked up the other week, correct? Much appreciated. :handshake:

B4 I forget.. I Hope you have a great trip & visit w/ your folks this Holiday Season. :yes:

bogieb, imacman, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  20. badbob

badbob

No pictures,no film,did not happen!LOL