In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Earl764

Earl764

Lacrete’s are done with. Opening the first ton of Hamers.

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

3. imacman

imacman

Seems appropriate on Thanksgiving:

savemoney, slvrblkk, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  4. smoke show

smoke show

5. smoke show

smoke show

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

That's about the size of it, it should fit sideways among the cranberries :whistle:

imacman, slvrblkk, CleanFire and 6 others like this.
  7. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

8. artc

artc

and CT. i think we invented it!

slvrblkk, imacman, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  9. CleanFire

CleanFire

I think every state on the East Coast would lay claim to the title, but the "package store" has been around for a long time - my Grandmother would talk about her trips to the "package store" to pickup a bottle (or three) for my Grandfather growing up..

In the really "olden days" (before the advent of modern beverage bottling & can production), beer & liquor distributors would deliver bulk product to neighborhood "package stores" where they would bottle in smaller sizes, and wrap in brown paper or bags to disguise the product.

The stores wanted the bottles back, so they would add a 'deposit' fee, which was credited when you returned the bottle(s) on the next visit. Even though modern state-mandated deposit/return container recycling is fairly recent (40 yrs. or so), the "packy's" were doing that, much earlier.

I remember going to the neighborhood store w/ my Grandmother when visiting, there was always a candy treat on the outing, and lots of stuff to carry back. But by then it wasn't the "package store" anymore, just a liquor store. Same building though.

slvrblkk, imacman, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  10. artc

artc

11. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

WE used to call it the "Green Front" as all our state run liquor stores were green.

imacman, ivanhoe, slvrblkk and 5 others like this.
  12. bogieb

bogieb

Today I nstalled an electronic locking lever for the back door (replaced original - no dead bolt). I had changed the door to the garage last week so now I'm keyless except for the front door - which I never use. Emailed relatives the code. All live in KS and only Mom & Dad have ever visited (3 times since '87) so I'm confident it will only be used in an emergency. Will make it convenient when a pet sitter comes during vacation - I can set a code specifically for that then wipe it out when I'm back.

Went to the dump, stopped at TSC for cat food, then got a couple of groceries. Sun was finally shining and it was in the 40's so I thought I would go for a ride, but suddenly heard Rita yowling.

Now Rita had been missing all day. I had searched high and low for her since 6 am this morning. Knew she was inside last night as she slept on my shoulder for a while before going wherever. She hadn't shown up for breakfast or to be let out (and she loves outdoors). I followed the yowling and finally figured out she had wedged herself under a pallet of pellets in the basement. No matter how much I cajoled, she didn't seem to be able to get herself out of her predicament. Okay, time to unload the totally loaded pallet of 69 bags :headbang:.

Fortunately I could transfer 45 of them to the pallet next to it, then carried the other 24 to another part of the basement. She scooted as soon as I moved the pallet. I moved the 24 bags back over to the pallet but now my system was all ef'd up so the Inferno's were on top of Maine's Best and I want them for the colder part of winter. So, I transferred in 31 bags of the Maine's best from the garage. Oh, and I seeled up any areas where she might be tempted to try to go under that pallets again.

Sure glad I quit my night job to give my injured shoulder a rest :picard:. Oh yeah, I took pictures because it DID happen.

Rita under pallet

rita under pellets.jpg

I moved all the pellets on the left stack
    pellets before moving 11-24-17.jpg
    Empty left stack
    empty left pallet 11-24-17.jpg

Pellets that didn't fit on the right stack
    pellets from left for restack.jpg

Left pallet stacked with leftovers and some Maine's Best from the garage.
    Added from garage 11-24-17.jpg

13. subsailor

subsailor

Maine's Choice.

14. gbreda

gbreda

Kids :picard:

savemoney, imacman, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

Hey at @100/ton, it burns just fine :p

savemoney, imacman, gbreda and 7 others like this.
  16. badbob

badbob

Cleaned the Accentra,today,hasn't had a ton run throught it,but can always tell by heat output and flameGot integra parts laid out,to help someone on "other " place,getting tired of same questions,am thinking of taking ohms readings,list,and gather all my old austroflamm files,put in one file,then they could post them above?OK time for a blue smoothie

17. will711

will711

That's my favorite time :thumbs:

18. brokenwing

brokenwing

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!

19. badbob

badbob

OK got a mouse in the cabin,bringing in groceries,cat has missed the mouse 3 times,should I quit feeding the cat till job is done?

20. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

IMG_0390.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0392.JPG
    Took a while but had another Super I work with Mill these two pieces of Cedar for me a few weeks ago. As mentioned these are going to make my mantle and side supports . The main chunk ended up being 7 1/2" X 10 1/2" the two side pieces are 2 1/2" X 5 1/2" and with the way the were milled one piece then cut in half the other direction the are book matched. Have the stickered up and drying , I had a chunk left over decent size that I will cut and carve 2 Corbels one for each side .
    ps. See that boomarang looking piece in the top picture leaning in the top right hand corner It is spalted maple and I will be finishing making a funky table out of it , yep a 3 Legger as I walked back into the woods and found some spalted maple branches for legs .

IMG_0436.JPG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017