In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Paying It Forward

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Kimberly, May 13, 2016.

  1. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    I had some really wonderful members on here to help me in being able to have a warm house. They gathered together and brought me a saw, one gave me a small saw to use for limbing; they proved me chaps to help protect me. All they asked was that when possible I pay it forward. This coming Saturday, May 14, is the annual postal carriers food drive.

    [​IMG]

    PICT3578.JPG

    I have gathered together food that I will be delivering to the post office. The food donated to the food drive stays in your area to help feed your neighbours that may be facing some difficult times. I hope others will consider donating as well.
     
    Chvymn99, unclefess, Horkn and 14 others like this.
  2. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Great idea Kimberly. We always give to the Boy Scout food drive too.
     
    Horkn, Kimberly, Woodwidow and 3 others like this.
  3. Babaganoosh

    Babaganoosh

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2015
    Messages:
    1,137
    Likes Received:
    3,828
    Location:
    Jersey Shore
    When I was a kid and we had food drives in school I'd gather up all the canned vegetables that I hated and brought them in. Lol. I distinctly remember bringing like 5 cans of cranberry sauce and a lot of cans of green beans. Lol
     
    Horkn, Kimberly, Woodwidow and 3 others like this.
  4. Star Gazer

    Star Gazer

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,057
    Likes Received:
    4,358
    Location:
    Right behind you
    Don't forget the other things you have been sent (wood stove, thermometer etc) at no cost to you from the good people here on FHC!

    However that food donation is a nice "gesture." I think anyone who can, should participate in some sort of charitable event, even if it is just a few dollars worth of food stuffs.
     
    Chvymn99, Horkn, Barcroftb and 3 others like this.
  5. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    I haven't forgotten any of the help I have received. I have to pay it forward a bit at a time It may not look like much but that is a lot of food there; more than just a few dollars.
     
  6. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,127
    Likes Received:
    163,292
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Good reminder! My wife's friend promotes and organizes the food drive for the Toledo Ohio area, I'm sure she would appreciate the reminder...
     
  7. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I have not forgotten the help and that I am very grateful and that I am working to pay it forward.
     
  8. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    Yes, this is an important food drive; not the only one but still important. When Mum was here she would never let the food drive go by and I have continued.