In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Out of wood...

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Stephiedoll, May 21, 2017.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Nice. At least it isn't too wet to drive on the lawn out there.
     
  2. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Backwoods Savage and HDRock like this.
  3. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Exactly. Picked it up from an auction.
     
    Backwoods Savage, HDRock and billb3 like this.
  4. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    I was going to pass the ad up, but Lefty wanted to fill his fifth-wheel trailer. Guy told him it was oak, walnut, maple, pine and cedar. I got a few pieces of walnut (all I saw) and the rest is silver maple. Told him not to come so I got the only load. Not sure I will go back as we have so much wood at his place that needs split that it's best getting on top of it. Should be out there this weekend so will take some pictures.
    Glad my wood is under control, for now.
     
  5. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
  6. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    He told me just to leave it, but no way am I leaving empty handed. I drove a whole 3-4 miles to get there:mad:
     
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    3-4 miles :thumbs::thumbs:
     
    yooperdave, Hellcat and Stephiedoll like this.
  8. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    So much for those who know what type of wood they have. It is funny around here; it's usually either oak or maple. That's about all they seem to know except for pine.
     
    yooperdave likes this.
  10. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    That is so true Dennis, but I didn't get there until 6:30AM next morning. I could see that there was a couple loads already taken. I bet they got any oak and walnut, not that I'm a fan of walnut. If I had more time/space at the house I would go back for more. I may take this load out to his place and cut/split it yet this afternoon, just need to see how muddy it is as it rained AGAIN this morning.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.