In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Older Auburn stove in Chestertown MD

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Ms M, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Ms M

Ms M

It’s 15 years old. We’ve done good maintenance but I disassembled it , blew it out with a leaf blower, got new gasket and glass... I might have an electrical issue. Two blowers were replaced over the past year. It lights ... (combustion fan works but when it gets to the circulating fan .. it dies. It’s brand new!
    Does anyone know of a good tech that is close to Maryland’s upper eastern shore that can fix???
    It’s our main source of heat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ms M

Ms M

Update... the circulating motor won’t kick in. Anyone out there familiar with the electronics to check what’s going on who could navigate me thru fixing it? Please .... we can’t afford to buy another stove. It’s our only heat source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. imacman

imacman

Most obvious is to make sure all connections are tight. Does the blower run if you connect to 120 V (not from the stove)? Be very careful if you try hooking up a power jumper cord.

ivanhoe and Rich250 like this.
  4. Rich250

Rich250

If the fan runs by doing what Imac suggested then Try jumping the proof of fire switch.It's located on the combustion blower housing, has 2 wires going to it, you can use a jumper wire or paper clip to connect the two wires together and then start the stove and see if the fan comes on. If it does you need a new switch. Always unplug the stove when working on it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    ivanhoe and imacman like this.