In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★☆ Okanagan Platinum Wood Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Okanagan Platinum results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average - 280-400 (on door thermometer)

Ash Volume - 15 ounces

Ash Weight – 1.80 ounces

Ash Percentage - .28%

Fines In Bag – less than 1/8 of a cup (couple tablespoons)

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/4" –3/4”

Bag Weight – 40.0 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

Notes:
    $325 a ton from Bucks Pellets
    Very little fines
    Sturdy bags

Another very good softwood pellet. Burned hot and the stove glass stayed very clean. The pellets themselves ranged from bits and pieces up about a ¾”. They also looked like two different pellets in the bag. A very light, pine looking pellet and one that resembled a hardwood pellet (I’m not saying it is hardwood, I’m just saying the color resembled it). I seemed to get two different colors of ash too. One was a very light, fluffy grey and the other a very dark grey. Volume wise, there was more ash than I was expecting with these. Very low fines in the bag, maybe a couple tablespoons but I did notice there was very fine sawdust that stuck to the inside of the bag and the pellets. It was a powder-like consistency.

All in all this is a very good pellet. Are they worth $70-$100 more than something else? That’s for you to decide. Go pick some up and give them a try!

Recommend!

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0167.jpg IMAG0174.jpg IMAG0165.jpg IMAG0169.jpg IMAG0172.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    will711, briansol, wildwest and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.