In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Oil flow adjustment for the MS 362? I think it's an optional feature?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Lastmohecken, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

Ok, I flipped my bar, cleaned the bar, and made sure that the oil holes are clear on the bar, and also on the saw itself. But I am not sure it's oiling as much as I would prefer. It doesn't really throw oil off of the end of the bar, as I would expect. I think it did better when new. However, the chain does seem to have oil on it, so maybe I am OK. I think I usually need to add a half of a tank of oil per tank full of fuel. does this seem about right?

However, I checked the manual and noted that the adjustment is supposed to be on the bottom of the saw, but the manual sort of reads like this might be an optional feature. And sure enough I turned the saw over and all I see is the marking for E and something else, but there is no screw visible where you would expect it to be, according to the manual. It looks like there is a removable insert/plate that could be pried out or replaced but I felt like I might end up ruining it when removing it, so I didn't.

Is this adjustment really an optional feature I have to buy extra on a Pro MS 362? It blows my mind that a so called Pro Saw, comes without a bar oil flow adjustment screw.

Even my Jonesred 2255 Farm saw has an adjustable oil flow. Anyway, is there something here that I am missing?

2. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

I found it, sorry for the unnecessary extra thread. That little sucker was hard to find at first. It was set in the middle which I though was a little low, I turned it up all of the way, and it is definitely oiling better now. Since I am running a 25" bar, I figure a little more oil is better, since several have said previously, that the limiting factor on a longer bar than 25" is the available stock oil flow.

3. farmer steve

farmer steve

Not easy to find if you aren't sure what your looking for, but glad you found it. All my stihls with the AO use slightly more than a 1/2 a tank of oil to a tank of fuel. Never ran out of oil before fuel.

mirnldi, brenndatomu and Erik B like this.
  4. Erik B

Erik B

brenndatomu and farmer steve like this.
  5. lukem

lukem

362 needs oiler turned all the way up for 25" bar. I run mine all the way up with 20".

6. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

Thanks guys.

farmer steve likes this.
  7. Ou812

Ou812

Even wide open mine is super stingy

farmer steve likes this.