In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

( Official ) Firewood Hoarders Club Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Paul bunion, Nov 9, 2013.

  1. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    That's an awesome idea Paul! Too bad about the price.
     
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Sounds like a perfect DIY project.
     
    MasterMech likes this.
  3. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Only in body!......
     
    gbreda and Gasifier like this.
  4. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC

    Only if you look at the price tags on my toys... :eek:
     
    WeldrDave, mattjm1017, swags and 3 others like this.
  5. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Well my gift arrived today, but will be waiting till Christmas to open!
     
  6. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I just finished mine. That is, I finished the finish. It has a Finnish influence. Make sense?

    It will go out this weekend.
     
    WeldrDave, Gasifier and DexterDay like this.
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Man. I better figure out where I am going to dig the rock out of the ground to send. Hey. About how big is the average stocking opening?
     
    clemsonfor, gbreda, WeldrDave and 3 others like this.
  8. Woodporn

    Woodporn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,090
    Location:
    S. MA
    It's not so much the opening as it is the point of attachment...
     
    clemsonfor and Gasifier like this.
  9. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,754
    Location:
    KC Metro
    :whistle::emb: Well, mine came... But I wasn't thinking..... It didn't register.... I had a Blonde moment I guess.....:whistle:......All I saw was my name....A odd phone below it....Dropped shipped from a retailer...:whistle:....All I could think was identity theft, and someone had dropped shipped to my house to be picked up before I got home (true story, my girlfriend actually had this happened about 8 months ago, long story, but they created a MC card and used her name on a yahoo email account but had a packaged dropped shipped to us and we got to it before them. Who ever that was, had to be someone nearby). Anyways I was already starting to call the retailer to check into this, when the girlfriends says its used for this and this states area code. Then the bell went off.....:emb:...... Thank you. Secret Santa. I've been nuttin' butt :D over the gift and this whole ordeal....
     
    clemsonfor, gbreda, WeldrDave and 2 others like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Cool. So nobody is telling anybody who they had. Right? Or it wouldn't be a secret. Prolly not going to be to hard to figure some of them out though with some of the post going on.:D

    Ohhhhhhh, you kids these days.
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  11. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I am planning on telling the person I get, but all the names should stay off the board so people can't figure it out through process of elimination.
     
  12. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Yeah, until after Christmas, we shouldn't share who got who. I don't want to know that someone, got someone else. .

    There will be an "After Christmas Secret Santa" to share who and what. :)
     
    WeldrDave and Chvymn99 like this.
  13. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    But saying what the gift was is fine at anytime in my opinion.
     
    gbreda, DexterDay and Grizzly Adam like this.
  14. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    My gift to give is all done now and ready to go out. Just need to package and ship
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  15. Woodporn

    Woodporn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,090
    Location:
    S. MA
    +1 and maybe that it was (is) a good choice?
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  16. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    A box of rocks and dirt. :mad: I just remembered why I don't do the Christmas shopping:rofl: :lol:
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  17. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Hoping to work on mine sometime tomorrow or Sunday. Just got to get one more piece...
     
  18. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Yes, what it is, is fine. Just not who :)
     
  19. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I got mine in the mail today its under the tree and waiting for Christmas day. I like how whoever sent it to me just put FHC as the name in the return label.

    IMAG0398.jpg
     
    clemsonfor, WeldrDave, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  20. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Very nice! I can't wait to see who went way over budget! :rofl: :lol:
     
    clemsonfor, WeldrDave and mattjm1017 like this.