In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

( Official ) Firewood Hoarders Club Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Paul bunion, Nov 9, 2013.

  1. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Me too, :confused: :emb:
     
  2. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  3. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    four?

    Here is a tip for us saw nuts. Go to dexters Chinese saw thread and wade through to like a few pages from the end. There is a link for a site for as is saws for like $40 shipped( like moreoutdoor4u).Im sure most would not mind a saw to okay with ;). A nice tiny 38cc.
     
  4. Woodporn

    Woodporn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,090
    Location:
    S. MA
    How about a nice tiny 90cc??
     
    MasterMech likes this.
  5. Woodporn

    Woodporn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,090
    Location:
    S. MA
    --Just got a shipping confirmation for the gift....Seems it should arrive by end of day Thurs. To someone, somewhere within the continental US!
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  6. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Wouldn't turn it down, just trying to stay close to that $35 limit. And a person buying a $30 gift then paying to ship it is actually over the cost of this saw most likely!!!
     
  7. Woodporn

    Woodporn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,090
    Location:
    S. MA
    $35 limit???????????

    CRAAAAAAPPPP.... I guess I missed that part, Oh well
     
    Chvymn99 and DexterDay like this.
  8. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I just read posts that my peep put up and it fell into place.

    Just some random thoughts that may work as a gift for many members here...

    work gloves
    head lamp
    maple syrup
    tarp
    firestarters
    lighter sticks(if the can be shipped)
    grilling/smoker book for the foodies
    The Richard Proenneke book or video is excellent
    something unique from your geographical location
    Honey
    Maybe stop in at a local farm stand and see if they have preserves, jellies or beeswax candles. Support your local farmer/crafter/artist.
    A good pancake mix (why not?)

    Good luck.

    I just think of things I use on a day to day basis that I know I will need to go out and get more anyways.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  9. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I think the limit was put so that it was affordable. Because it's a "Secret", no one really knows how much you paid (unless you bought a new MS 261!! lol). But to go over isn't against the rules. As long as it seems thoughtful? I think that's all that counts.

    I am waiting a bit to ship mine. Just want it to be closer to Christmas. (Sorry to the Secret person, but I think you will be happy with it :))
     
    clemsonfor, MasterMech, swags and 3 others like this.
  10. Woodporn

    Woodporn

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    2,090
    Location:
    S. MA
    I did search through maybe a hundred posts or so by this person, it was an item that was mentioned as wanted/possibly needed
    My only worry is that they may have already purchased the item....We'll find out in the post x-mass thread I guess.
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  11. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I'm sure whomever it is for will be thankful for whatever they get, even if they already bought it. I like the fact that we can go alittle deeper than just liking, posting, etc. I am really excited to hear everyone's gift given and received. This is so cool! I feel like a little kid.......:tree:
     
    gbreda, WeldrDave and Chvymn99 like this.
  12. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    For some reason I missed a bunch of post to this thread. WTF? (That stands for What the fudge. Right? :thumbs:) I don't know if my alert was not working. I was watching the thing. Anywho. You guys are all crazy. There is no Santa. Or secret Santa for that matter. Jeeesh. Aren't you guys grown ups?
     
    gbreda, Pallet Pete and swags like this.
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    JA! An MS 261! You are a generous Secret Santa Dex! LOL
     
  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Christmas is Dec. 25th. We were never allowed to open a gift until Christmas morning. And I think you should all wait until then as well. As I will be waiting till then. So there.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    DexterDay, swags and Pallet Pete like this.
  15. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Lol I was the one that always warmed to open them early and I'm a big kid now so I do what I want!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    clemsonfor and BrianK like this.
  16. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    " So there "! Sheesh ya big 5 year old! :rofl: :lol:
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    Gasifier and swags like this.
  17. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Takes one to know one! :p
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  18. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    FedEx confirmation, shipping tomorrow, someone should expect something in the next week. Hee hee ha
     
  19. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    My Wife and Son always want to open early.

    I promise to wait. Will post pic in the Post Xmas thread. :)

    I love surprises!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  20. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    I was thinking of a Biltmore stick. (Foresters tree measuring stick.). I thought that would be a pretty cool thing, not everybody has one. But then I went to try and buy one, $80 new and a lot more for an 'antique' on eBay. How can something that is nothing more than a wooden ruler with markings that are not standard inches and feet cost so much?
     
    clemsonfor likes this.