In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Oak score

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Apr 26, 2020.

  1. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,098
    Likes Received:
    42,973
    Location:
    NJ
    Answered a Facebook post on Friday from a woman who was tired of looking at logs laying in her yard. I replied immediately and asked what type - all oak, and I asked if logs were accessible by truck - yes she answered. I went over to check it out - 3 miles from home. So yesterday I hired two helpers to take care of most of the loading so I could just run the saw. I also have a neighbor who was looking for rounds to split on his own. We settled on a price of $140 a cord for rounds dumped in his yard. I started cutting at 9 and my muscle showed up at 9:45 like I asked. By 12:15, we had it all gone- 3 loads equaling a healthy 4 cords, all of which got dropped off at my neighbors place. Site is not letting me add the picture showing most of the logs but you get the idea
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,196
    Location:
    Central MI
    And another Merry Christmas gift goes to jrider!
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and jrider like this.
  3. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,466
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Nice! FB marketplace is a great place to score wood.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and jrider like this.
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,784
    Likes Received:
    215,187
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Great deal! Muscle is the key word with rounds that big. I did a similar thing last Fall when Asplundh was cutting here. Wouldnt mind doing it more often