Please post how your nut trees are looking and when you expect a harvest this year. Maybe we can track across the continent when to expect walnut, hickories, pecans and such. Also useful pods like from Kentucky coffee tree. Black walnuts are looking pretty big here, not seeing any drop yet. Hope to check on shagbarks and acorns soon.
Don't think that helps the rest of us out that much. Hoping that this will help people know when harvest time is in their area.
I get it!Just funnin. I wish we had more of the fruit variety trees around here, That would be so nice. I admire you folks
I thought maybe you were at the mall or something. This is more interesting. Haven't noticed many acorns yet, but I have no idea when they normally drop.
I don't have any trees that bear nuts that I know of within a mile of my house, but the apple trees are loaded this year and the cherry crop was pretty good too.
The only nuts we have here are acorns. The red oaks are dropping their nuts as I type this. Of course when we put up the steel barn, we put it under a red oak. At one point yesterday instead of hearing a few acorns drop we suddenly thought someone had a machine gun. A short burst, a pause then 2 more short bursts. It was wild. One correction. We do have a few shagbark hickory but only one large enough to produce nuts. There aren't many and the squirrels make short work of them.
How are those shagbarks looking Dennis? I have some that I pick by the in laws place, but that's a long ways.
Ive got seven pecan trees and they are looking good. They should start dropping in November? They look a whole lot better than they did last year, we didnt get hardly any nuts last year.
Ours are all quite young. I think the biggest one is only maybe 8" or so and they take a long, long, long time to grow.
Oak tree on the right is full this year Grizz and heard the odd one drop on the cottage steel roof last week. I'll go get a better picture of the nut tree here at the house.
Trees aren't really loaded, but the shagbarks are starting to fall. Only found one acorn on the ground.