In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Northern warmth

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by PoolguyinCT, Nov 13, 2017.

1. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

[​IMG]

Just a quickie, I'll elaborate later... I wasn't planing on reviewing these- but hot dang!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Eagle Valley in a pretty bag............... ;)

3. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

Works for me & thanks for the info.. I stumbled across these the other day, as I was at a red light & spotted CT pellet. I've never been, so I cut it a hard left & flipped off the 20 car pile up I caused.
    When I pulled in, the guy was friendly & recommended a few sacks of the NW.. I wish I lived closer to this outfit..

4. daffonce

daffonce

Well as of right now they are :whistle:

5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

True, Tomorrow could be???????? :confused:

:zip:

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Likely be Scott Olson. He's the owner.

7. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:rofl: :lol:

CleanFire, IHATEPROPANE and Russell like this.
  8. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

Pretty funny daffonce...everybody thinks they are a comedian ....and yes in fact they are an Eagle Valley made pellet from BC Canada...or was there something else you wanted to see in the bags?...It won't be LG's, I think they are already spoken for.....but I could be wrong on that..... (my attempt at humor)

9. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

Well with my usual lacretes off the shelf for a few months, I think I will stock up on the NW.. are the above posts insinuating or speculating the NW product is to change from my samples?
    Thanks

CleanFire, IHATEPROPANE and Russell like this.
  10. MtDew

MtDew

What else do you have available to you to get you by until the LaCretes start coming back?

CleanFire, ttdberg, Russell and 2 others like this.
  11. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

They can imply/speculate on whatever they want...but I can't keep these or the Supreme Douglas Fir in stock..they have been selling very well...but if you plan on getting some of the SP...I would suggest you do it very quickly as the price from BC is about to be raised for various reasons, not the least of which is the fiber is harder to get there right now, because of the horrible forest fires BC had this past summer. Eagle Valley and every other BC mill has this problem currently. Rising oil prices and an export market that is on fire and is buying everything they can get their hands on. I know La Crete was shut down for about 7 or 8 weeks because of an electrical fire they had at the mill and it will take more time (hopefully not too much longer) to get back to full production...which I know they are trying hard to do...so you will probably see more of them starting to show back up in their usual places again soon...all in all, we have had a very busy season so far and expect to stay that way thru most if not all of the winter...I think the SP will be the only brand I have that will have a price increase, as I have a better supply of the other kinds and unless this winter turns into the sh*t show we had in 2014/15 things should stay pretty level.....but if the winter turns hard and boxes and other stores run out of products..then all bets are off....

12. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

Thank you Doug- the market lives & breathes & your thoughtful explanation applies to all commodities.

MtDew - I'm relegated to BT in Bristol as I drive by it daily, not really feeling their selection this year.

13. MtDew

MtDew

No interest in the Vanderhoof Plats or the Spruce Points? How do those 2 compare to those NW's?(pricewise)

14. daffonce

daffonce

not sure on the price of the super spruce, but the vandys and the spruce pointe are both great softwoods. all three i would put about the same as one another. only complaint some may have with the vandys is that they can be long. i personally love the smell of the spruce pointe.

15. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

Took me a while to figure out "vandy" those are just the silver bag labeled "platinum" I was under impression they weren't so great.. can they hang with the lacretes...

As I mentioned earlier the clerk at BT told me spruce points were off the shelf due to a fire as are lacretes..

I'm not really doing price comparisons, I just want the good chit, so I'll pay.. (quality & service can be neither created or destroyed, they must be funded - I dropped that line in a squeaky customer last week)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  16. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

A1 Pellet in Rocky Hill is selling EZB softies for $260/ton. That's a nice deal, and the proprietor is a member here so win / win all around. Maybe give that consideration if it's not too far of a hike for you. The Vanderhoof Platinums are very good too, I would put them in the same category as LaCrete, SP, NC, etc.

17. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

X2 on the EZBS.....very good pellet at a good price

18. daffonce

daffonce

Vandys are top shelf.

19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Another vote for Vandies. Burned nice for me. Can't comment on the EZB softies. I'd consider at that price, Distance of travel has artc a bit out of range. Sure would if it wasn't so far........

I'll likely visit BT for some Ambiance once I get some $$ built in the kitty. Kinda scratchin until after xmas....... :emptywallet:

20. artc

artc

Spruce Points have not been affected by the fire at the LaCrete plant as they come from a different mill/company. not being on the shelf might have more to do with the poor packaging other dealers experienced (skids so poor you cant get a pallet jack under, etc.) I have thus far declined to bring in any SP for that reason.

The LaCrete mill is back in operation after two months of repairs. I expect to see product between Thanksgiving and Dec 5. :thumbs: they will be $280 per ton

I'm prolly 10 miles from BT, come on over!