In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Noise cancelling air plugs...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Chvymn99, Jul 25, 2020.

1. dgeesaman

dgeesaman

I have a set of Etymotic and they work very well. The only trick is my new iPhone required and adapter to hook up.

Chaz, Chvymn99 and brenndatomu like this.
  2. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Is yours a wired set, then? I didn’t see a blue tooth one on a quick glance...That little adapter.... is easy to loose....:whistle:....

Chaz likes this.
  3. dgeesaman

dgeesaman

Yes wired. I primarily used them while flying. Obv haven’t used them for a long time

Chaz and Chvymn99 like this.
  4. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

I use a pair of Aftershockz bone conduction headphones at work, they leave my ears open to hear people talk to me in a normal environment. When it's a little noisy, I pop in ear plugs, the kind on a rigid plastic band that use the band to hold them in. This means I can put them in and take them out one handed.
    With the ear plugs in, the sound from the bone conduction headphones is better than the rest of the time.
    I tried a knockoff brand of bone conduction headphones that was best rated by Amazon, they weren't loud enough and didn't work as well for phone calls

chainsawsoldier, Chvymn99 and Chaz like this.
  5. Casper

Casper

Chvymn99 likes this.
  6. chainsawsoldier

chainsawsoldier

I used to use the Aftershokz bone conduction headphones with earplugs. They worked great. Then a damm dog got ahold of them... the VA also gave me a set of hearing aids that connect to my phone via Bluetooth. With earmuffs, the hearing aids work good, but I could hear the Aftershockz better.

Chvymn99 likes this.