In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Next weekend project

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Shawn Curry, Aug 2, 2014.

  1. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Took some measurements of the log. Bit shy of my 24" guesstimate; but I ran out of tape measuring the length. Around 35' of useable stuff. Still gotta drop the cherry log too, but ill wait to do that until the day haul it out of there. Plenty of space to drop it right where it wants to go - should be on easy street.

    I'll get some firewood out of the tops too, but a lot of it is crotches. :doh: I'll probably split this over the winter to refill the stacks I'm burning this year. I need a bunch of soft stuff again; the ash and BL won't be ready next year. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself. I think I just want to keep gathering for the fun of it! :tree: Who wants to stop for the winter? :loco: :crazy:
    image.jpg IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    Couple pieces still hanging up but should be easy enough to just push over. The BC in the foreground is firewood - the log is the big one on the right.
    IMG_1251.JPG
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I always listened to Sav, he always said once you have one years worth of wood, get the second up if you have the room.... I think by the Savs rules once you get six or seven years worth of inventory, you can take a break.

    Nice work.
     
    Loon, Backwoods Savage and HDRock like this.