HMMMMMM...halfway would be Ithaca, may have to talk to the boss and see if she'd like a long weekend away. You going to it, Jack? Anyone else from our group going to go? Maybe we can talk Zap and Gassy into going too....
Same here. I have to wait until Columbus Day for the decent fairs. Most of the local fairs are so over commercialized, too many vendors and not enough agriculture and forestry.
I think the last time we went was 3 years ago, can't even remember the couple we met from the other board (very nice people) that lived in that area. We don't mind going for a day, not sure if you would find any rooms at this late of a date.
I just went back to the other site for the first time so I could search for a name, we met a couple about 3 years ago, he goes by Battenkiller on the other site. I can sleep tonight!
"The other site" haha. I went back there to ask a technical stove question this past spring, and not much has changed. I couldn't wait to get off of there again. I do remember the sn battenkiller
Doesn't that look like fun! My brother lives in Ithaca. I wonder how he'd feel if I dropped by with half a dozen of my smelliest closest friends.
Dan is correct. I met him at the Woodstock cookout a few years back. He is quite an accomplished woodworker. I believe he was making wood canoes at the time.
My dad would tell you making canoes is the easiest thing in the world. Just start with a log and take out everything that's not a canoe.
good to see you again, Jon!! Off topic, you should see the burl I cut off of a silver maple last Sunday......
Jon, the burls turned out to be buggy with some punk in them. both weighed around 300lbs! So they went bye-bye..... I'll have to do a thread on that monster.....