Um...may have gone a bit bigger than needed. If anyone needs to fall a 150 year old oak tree, I have the wedges for the job.
I had the choice of yellow, orange, or green...not all were the same product. I figure I will see these...they are radioactive green.
My go to is TreeStuff.com out of Indianapolis. No sales tax for you in OH...cheap prices, fast shipping. I prefer them over Bailey's
If those slide into your cut about an inch before you start whackin em in... they'll work fine and the larger size will make it harder to lose them... of course, you could just take your sunglasses off and go toward the blinding light to find em anyway... Mine are orange...
I need a couple of those. Also could use a rope to pull trees, but not sure what I need there. Thanks for the link to TreeStuff.
I like the color. Just got a cell phone cover that color. At least I now have a better chance to find it, and to not sit on it.
They sure do work gooder for bucking trees into logs I can pull in the winter. I used to get my saw pinched all the time without em. As for rope, I found what I use at a big marine supplier. Got one of them around?
There's a marina about 20 minutes away right on Twin Lakes. Maybe they'd have something, but they're pricey. fc, what size are those? They look large-ish.
Husqvarna instructor sets the wedge as he's finishing his bore cut...Just in case to lift the tree over or prevent the tree from sitting on the saw. Could only add 45 seconds to the process but will save grief.
My wedges are about 3/4"-1" at the big end. Those look like they're about 1-1/2". Yep, marine stuff is the good stuff.
I have a large assortment of wedges from 6" to 12" triple tapers. They all have a purpose and get used when falling some that need lifting. I had to stack wedges twice knocking trees down in the front yard.