In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New TSC White Bags

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by ttdberg, Aug 21, 2015.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Mich wp.JPG

2. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

You won't find the other MWP in Michigan that BogieB and IHatePropane were talking about. The shipping would be too expensive to ship from Maine.

3. gbreda

gbreda

Too bad for them, sounds like they could use some better MWP out there

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and jtakeman like this.
  4. Robert Dunlap

Robert Dunlap

I'm back to Propellets and it's running way hotter and cleaner. I'll pick up a ton or two of Somersets this weekend.

ttdberg, gbreda and bogieb like this.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Been burning for about 9 seasons and the best pellet I can find locally is Somersets. Great pellet that has a great consistency year to year. Some years people have complained of more ash. But never of less heat :)

6. PhilaB

PhilaB

In my recent travels, I stopped in at two TSC's in my area (S.E. PA) and checked out the UPCs in the pellets they had.

One had UPC 749394107802 - Which I believe is still unidentified at this point?
    Second had UPC 711039328002 - Which is the Dry Creek.

Are the Dry Creek's any good? How do they stack up?

7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Welcome PhilaB, Glad you could join us. I liked the Creeks, Pretty decent middle of the road. Pretty similar to Stove chow. About the same heat, Just a smidge more ash.

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and Geek like this.
  8. gbreda

gbreda

Welcome aboard Phili :thumbs:

New guy brings the ...........

9. gbreda

gbreda

That reminds me, I stopped at TSC last week. They had bags listed as Hardwood, nowhere on the bag did it say mix like others have seen.

UPC was 899594002008 , looks to be MWP ?

IHATEPROPANE and jtakeman like this.
  10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

That UPC matches the Geneva'. ;)

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and Geek like this.
  11. gbreda

gbreda

I found only 1 lookup that had a match and said Wood Pellets, Maine. Was hoping MWP but glad I didnt buy any. Thanks J

I think they were 5.39 or 5.69 bag........

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  12. PhilaB

PhilaB

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! I'm relatively new to the whole pellet thing and really appreciate the help. As the new guy, I got this round! :)

And thanks for the Dry Creek info. I may pick up a couple bags and see what I think. I'm currently burning generic middle of the road Green Supreme from Lowes right now but am looking for other options. I burned a couple bags of Chow last season and they seemed about the same as the GS, so I would expect the Dry Creeks to be about the same as both of those. One issue though with the Dry Creeks I found at TSC is that it was a partial pallet sitting outside in front of the store. I didn't ask if they pulled them inside every night, but I sure hope they haven't been sitting out there getting wet.

So I'm just poking around locally looking for that cheap diamond in the rough. GS are OK, but I'm hoping to turn up one of those rebranded gems you guys have reported in the past.

13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

We were too at one time. ;) A member here is pretty sure the unidentified are a NEWP product(AKA Green Supremes).

What stove you burning?

We have a pellet test section here that might help.

Pellet Fuels

14. Bags

Bags

I have ran a bunch of tons of Sets and have always liked them. Right now I have a bad ton of them. Good heat but out of control ash. They appear slightly lighter than normal and smaller pellets. They burn fine and throw heat but man the ash is way out of control comparatively speaking. I hope it is just the one ton I bought last that I'm into now.

Every year they have been super consistent and great pellets. I've also ran several tons of Greenways and Pro Pellets that were a lot like the good Sets. This ton I am into now is unreal on the ash. Usually I can easily go a month or more in my P68 and the ash pan still isn't completely full. With these it fills in less than 2 weeks. It's a fluffier ash but it sucks. I guess they were running some other flooring besides oak or what they usually make flooring wise.

jtakeman, IHATEPROPANE and bogieb like this.
  15. PhilaB

PhilaB

I'm running an Accentra 52i, and this is my second full season. The Accentra seems to burn anything I throw at it with very little drama. Of course, the heat output and the amount of ash changes depending on what it's eating, nothing noteworthy other than that. I'm lighting manually though, so I might be avoiding some of the potential problems.

So if the 749394107802 TSC bags are NEWP Green Supreme, then it's not worth a drive for me. I can get all of those my stove can eat at Lowes for the same price.

Yes, I've been through the pellet rating section, and that was why I was asking about the Dry Creeks. Seems the resident tester-at-large slvrblkk didn't run any of these. The tests, however, for the brands that are there are top notch. My hats off to everyone who has put info in that section. Has already helped me a lot.

And speaking of which, I think I have turned up one of the diamonds in the rough discussed in that sub-section, but it's not local to me. If I get confirmation, I'll post up the details. It's got nothing to do with TSC though, so I'm not sure it belongs in this thread.

jtakeman, will711, gbreda and 2 others like this.
  16. gbreda

gbreda

:eek:

Man, the P68 ash pan is huge so 2 weeks is crazy high ash!! You say its fluffier, does it knock down when stirred? The light ash will look bulky but knock down big time. That happens with the better pellets I use like LaCrete. I just open the door, stick the Harman tool or anything long enough into the ash and stir.

bogieb, jtakeman and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  17. will711

will711

Welcome to the Show :handshake:

Make sure you post over in the Pellet heads what's up thread , most of us check that one out daily :D

bogieb, gbreda and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Harman owners will be glad they have another member in their club! ;)

Makes sense, Any HD's in your area? Usually find chows - FSU and sometimes PTL's(AKA Lignetics).

Timber Heat had very similar results to the Creeks IIRC...........

★★☆☆☆ - Timber Heat Wood Pellets (Review)

:popcorn: Keep us posted, But don't share until after you load up. Pigs here will pilfer em up on ya!! :vulture:

bogieb and gbreda like this.
  19. PhilaB

PhilaB

I just posted over in the Pellet Heads thread extolling the virtues of the Accentra. Just to get the conversation started. Haha!

So yes, I've got lots of both HD's and Lowe's all over the place here, but around here, HD has chows, and only chows. And my experience is that the Green Supreme is a tiny bit better than the Chows so I would prefer to run those.

Lowe's has Green Supreme, Nature's Own, and Greene Team at pretty much every store around here. I have seen a couple other brands at different Lowe's, but the problem is they are all stocked under the same stock number (Lowe's internal number 87059), and even Lowe's doesn't know what brand they have on the shelf. The only way to figure out what is at a specific Lowe's is to go there and look for yourself.

For example... I turned up a pallet of AWF White Pine last year at one of my local Lowes. Bought some and liked them, but when I went back for more, they were gone and nobody knows when or if there will ever be more. I've even had some email correspondence with Lowe's corporate and they don't know how to tell what is at which store. Or at least they aren't willing to divulge.

It's like TSC. Nobody, even the people at the store, don't know exactly what they have.

At the local(ish) Lowe's, I've found GS, Natures Own, Greene Team, Power Pellet, Big Heat (by Capital Forest?), and one partial skid of Maine's Choice by Geneva that was pretty busted up and water damaged by this time.

So based on the ratings for the PTL's... I'd love to find some of them locally and give them a try.

20. will711

will711

If you have an Ace Hardware near you , they carry Lig's same pellet .

How close are you to Doylestown ??

bogieb, gbreda and jtakeman like this.