In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New pellet stove recommendations--Harmon? Enviro? others?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DanP, Jan 2, 2020.

1. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Never could catch!! LOL

Luneyburg, ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  2. nitro-fish

nitro-fish

I'm certainly partial to the P series Harman's, easy to clean, large ash bucket, built like a tank, eats any kind of pellets without problems but can still be prettied up with the various trim kits!

Russell, PelletHound, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  3. Tullytown

Tullytown

I understand some of these newer digital stoves will let you know when your pellets are low or it needs to be filled. What the hell, and all this time I've been having to go lift the hopper lid and look inside wasting 2 seconds.

Attached Files:

4. savemoney

savemoney

I had a Napoleon pellet stove for several year. That was my first stove. I bought it because of the price point and availability. Harman were not available unless you were willing to be on a waitlist that was several months long. Even then, they failed to deliver leaving hundrest on those list with no stove. Overall, I liked the first stove. The learning curve was huge and never ending. It required attention every day. It got really dirty really fast. It was also very fussy about what pellets it was being fed. When I had better finances, I went looking for a stove that burned cleaner and didn't need a special diet. I went to Rocky's stove shop in Augusta and bought a P68. That stove is like night and day compared to the prior stove. It is so easy to use, maintain, and is not fussy at all about what is burned in it. You set it for what heat you want, then make sure you keep it fed. I am able to clean it. But I do have it serviced by my nephew who is a pellet stove tech. The only catch is the price. My stove cost $4,000. off the floor and no perks. I got it plain Jane. I may dress it up sometime, but it is just fine as it sits. If I were to buy it again, I would get a smaller unit in the P series. When this one gets going, it can be too much.

5. Rich250

Rich250

Yup my Allure has the fuel level and I have never even set it up. Just as easy to touch the screen and the hopper light comes on so I don't have to open the lid. Touch screen has a bunch of other nice features though, but I didn't buy the stove based on the TC bought it because it's the only Harman I like the looks of and clearences would work.

6. Tullytown

Tullytown

you bought it for the right reasons.

7. Russell

Russell

What I can say about the Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 is , it heats great , eats any pellet and in 6 years of heavy use I've only had to replace the exhaust blower . In my case I clean stove regularly . Oh and let me add that I am a fan of Harman but at the time I was trying to keep the price down but happy with my choice.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  8. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well just spent a little bit of time looking through the manuals of the Enviro Maxx as that is the only stove that could match my P68 and well it might match the output or possibly surpass the P68 I have. After reading it reminded me why I bought a Harman and that would be ease of use but more importantly cleaning required and settings to be messed with . Now I do like to tinker with my stoves but it seems a lot of tinkering would have to occur with the Enviro and currently I don't have time right now in my life although I love to Tinker but with all the different kinds of pellets I burn its soooooo nice to just load the hopper and let the Harman do it's thing and burn baby burn. Haa still tempted .......
    Love me Harman's

imacman, ivanhoe, Russell and 2 others like this.
  9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Enviro Maxx M would take out all da tinkers. I run my Omega a month without opening the door. :D

Its output will surpass the P68 as it eats near 10 pounds per hour on full bore. IIRC 9.6lbs/hr? Somewhere near 76,800 with a super softy. Its the reason I chose the Omega over the P series and it has a much higher cfm blower. 455cfm. moves about 2x the air. ;)

Ssyko, PelletHound, imacman and 5 others like this.
  10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I kept mouth shut JT, didn't want to scare the hormoon peoples.

11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

ISTR Pete going a while on one of his stoves.

imacman, eatonpcat, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  12. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Whats alluring is the 130 lb hopper for sure . If you only open your stove once a month to do a clean then it would match what I am doing now as I burn a lot more pellets than you do so I think I would be opening it once a week for a good cleaning.
    Moving that much air is inviting as well just love the fact that I don't have to do anything when switching pellets except load the stove. Dang exactly what I need right now is a new stove ......

13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I've burned 50 bags in a month during the cold. And I don't buy clean pellets. I burn meh pellets cause I'ze cheap!! :D

IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG

14. Rich250

Rich250

I would be embarrassed of a stove that dirty. :whistle:

ivanhoe, imacman, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  15. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

You don't say..... :whistle:

ivanhoe, imacman, eatonpcat and 4 others like this.
  16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Ize proud of da beast. She eats chit and spits out heat.

She's burned Dog/cat kibble, acorns, grass, grains, coffee, cherry pits, olive pits and leaf' pellets. Should mention bunny poo too.

ivanhoe, PelletHound, imacman and 5 others like this.
  17. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Best ye warn them to acquire welding and cutting skilz. She can be hard on agitators.

ivanhoe, imacman, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  18. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Pfft...No rocks burned, I am buying a Hermoan (see what i did there?)! :p

Hormones just don't burn hot enough to wear out any of the internals is what I hear!! :loco: :crazy:

ivanhoe, PelletHound, imacman and 3 others like this.
  19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

And then some! Somersets eat da chit out of them. Next fab is going to be inconal ifn I find me some.

Stock cast one only lasts 2 seasons. My weldments last approx 3. But I figure I can buy one every other season and still be ahead of what the cost of the caderlac woulda cost me. Up until the 20th year or so??

Parts for da Enviros be freakin $$$$$$ too. :(

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'm still waitin to see the actual proof dem tings burn rocks. Or half da chit I've fed da beast.

ivanhoe, imacman, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.