In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

new here - just saying hi

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by newbinct, Sep 30, 2014.

1. newbinct

newbinct

Ok.... So, I jumped on some somersets that arrived at a lowes today. The husband and I just went on a covert mission. Drove 45 min to lowes, bought 6 tons and are about to leave now. They wouldn't let me purchase over the phone and I was told many of them were already sold, so we jumped on the chance. I didn't want to do laundry anyway :)
    Thanks for the advice. We still might pick up some others to test em out... But we expect 6 tons of sets to be delivered only Oct 14th!! So psyched! You guys really are the best!

savemoney and jtakeman like this.
  2. subsailor

subsailor

Send some to Maine please.

gbreda, newbinct and savemoney like this.
  3. schoondog

schoondog

Wow You got lucky. Very few sets are headed towards N.Y. You are gonna be good to go !!!

Doggy

newbinct likes this.
  4. newbinct

newbinct

This was a very helpful explanation, thank you! I used all these posts to explain to my husband while we were on our covert mission :)
    We were fortunate with the insulation - we were able to finance through our electric company to get insulation and air sealing. The old house was drafty and it made a big difference after - the bedroom, even with no heat upstairs, stayed much warmer. We definitely made a good investment. not money we want to spend so soon after moving in and getting married, but I know it will help us keep the BTUs in and the drafts OUT!
    Thanks for your help!!

eatonpcat likes this.
  5. newbinct

newbinct

$239/ton. $75 delivery fee. Normally, from Lowes, it's $65 flat rate. We live about 5 miles form a lowes that does not carry somersets this year but I spoke to the 1800-lowes people and they said we can get the flat rate shipping as long as we can show that there are no other lowes closer with that product. We had a bit of panic at the register when they said we were going to have a pay a $235 shipping rate but then after a call to the manger, they said we would only pay $10 more. I could have fought it, but I figured it's $10 and I really wanted those pellets :)

gbreda and eatonpcat like this.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Can't believe I missed this one yesterday!

Welcome to FHC!! Somersets are a great pellet and when combined with a Harman? It's a killer combo!!

Great posts and pics! :)

gbreda and newbinct like this.
  7. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

That's a great story, congrats on scoring those Somersets! They are one of the pellet brands I have yet to try. I know a few truck loads made it into a TSC in RI about 45 mins from me not too long ago, but I was already pretty well stocked up. Maybe next year. Congrats again, and stay warm!

newbinct likes this.
  8. Stinny

Stinny

:picard:... :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

newbinct and jtakeman like this.
  9. newbinct

newbinct

Thanks for the welcome, DexterDay!
    It has been a crazy day or so figuring out pellet stuff, finding and scoring the sets! I knew for weeks when they were leaving the factory but I kept getting stonewalled whenever I called the Lowes, so I didn't expect to get 'em. They are not my local lowes, almost an hour away, the lowes by me is much more discombobulated and I was able to get through to the garden manager with no problem last year. This Lowes was very "by the book" with me - no wiggle room, so I didn't expect to get them. One of the guys int he seasonal section did say last night that the truck of 'sets that they were unloading was "almost sold already". I don't know if he knew what that meant because he also said that the truck was half PTL and half sets - which I wasn't sure that was possible. Either way, I didn't trust it so we hopped in the car and drove over, rather than wait till morning....I would have been pizzed if we found out they were all sold last night while I was sitting around the house b/c I was too lazy to make the drive. I know it was only a few hours difference but all you need is one pellet pig to ruin it for this pellet piglet :) :) :) :)

eatonpcat, DexterDay and Stinny like this.
  10. will711

will711

Nice score Jen :thumbs:

11. gbreda

gbreda

Just being them to NH instead, that will save gas and I'll do your laundry !! :p

Welcome aboard !!

DexterDay likes this.
  12. smoke show

smoke show

sounds a little perverted geno...

newbinct and eatonpcat like this.
  13. gbreda

gbreda

:rofl: :lol:

Must resist....................... :zip:

newbinct, jtakeman and smoke show like this.
  14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:picard:

:popcorn:

newbinct and gbreda like this.
  15. badbob

badbob

Harman owners have issues? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!{But they do flock like porpoises heading to the feeding area.):thumbs:

newbinct, slvrblkk and DexterDay like this.
  16. newbinct

newbinct

:whistle:

Thanks for the...uhhh...warm welcome? I like that phrase "do the laundry" - I'll use it as a code word/phrase the time I'm around children :D

jtakeman and gbreda like this.
  17. gbreda

gbreda

In case you haven't figured it out, you are already around children here, 'cept these children play with matches, trucks and chainsaws :)

Lots of great people here that will help out and have a good time doing it. :thumbs:

18. stuckinthemuck

stuckinthemuck

And of course most of these "children" around here are men who take everything literal, so when one says "do the laundry" we actually think it means sorting, spot treating, bleaching, washing, drying, sorting, pairing, folding, ironing, hanging and putting away in closets and drawers... Hmmmmm Sounds exhausting!!! Hope your husband doesn't get on here and learn what "do the laundry" means!!:eek:

smoke show likes this.
  19. gbreda

gbreda

Let's really hope he doesnt see this place during a big snowstorm with the "children" stuck inside and some "beverages". :drunk:
    Then again, for all we know he may feel right at home. :D

20. subsailor

subsailor

A compliment for a Harman from a non-Harman owner? Don't see those often.:dancer:

gbreda likes this.