In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New dishwasher not getting water?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by wildwest, Oct 3, 2014.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:rofl: :lol: I am LMAO now too. Though I was sincere when I wrote it :rofl: :lol:

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yep, he's rough, tough, and handsome. He can fix truck engines, splits all our wood by hand:axe:(he felled it from the cut zones at our previous home too), and does most our home improvement, but WOW! There is nothing more attractive than a father bringing home our daughter from a halloween party at school covered in glitter from the festivities, her blanket over his shoulder and her candy bucket in his hand. (and he saved a rice crispy treat for me:D).

3. Stinny

Stinny

You guys rock... :)

wildwest likes this.
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Update.

Dishwasher is running flawlessly:) From habit I wash almost everything off the plates before loading, but I have been taking some liberties with utenisils. I soak them, give them nice shake to dislodge any stuck food, and throw them in the basket (I do not have the patience to put one utensil in each slot as directed) and the silverware turns out clean as well!

Thank you everybody who chimed in with thoughts/assistance !

Stinny and Jack Straw like this.
  5. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

We bought a kitchen aid just for that reason. It cleans amazingly. Blasts everything off and even has a pot scrubber feature in the back. No need to wash casserole dishes before it blasts it all off. And the thing is so quiet that you dont even hear it running.

papadave, wildwest and Jack Straw like this.
  6. mithesaint

mithesaint

Clemsonfor - we have a kitchenaid too. Cleans great, but it's broken twice in two years. Good thing I splurged and bought the extended warranty. It's paid for itself already.

wildwest likes this.
  7. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My screen didnt work a while back but I just beat the door and it worked. Several of my LEDs are half lit up and that function is not on.

It totally locked up a few weeks ago and I had to cut the power to reset it. Been fine since.??? Had it 2-3 years now

wildwest likes this.
  8. Norky

Norky

Lots of good info here. I'll be buying a new dishwasher soon and I need all the info I can get. When I purchase an appliance or other high dollar item, the first question I always ask is, what is your return policy? Chances are I won't buy it if I can't return it. Recently got the wife a nordic track eliptical from sears. They delivered and set it up and were back to get it a week later after it started malfunctioning. They tried really hard to get us to let them come fix it, but I wasn't having it. She's tickled to death with the machine that replaced it.

Does quality control even exist in manufacturing any more?

Stinny and wildwest like this.
  9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

We got frigidare first and it lasted not even 2years. Then got a kitchen aid. It cost 2x the other but it is more than 2x the appliance!!! And I am cheap too!!! I think it was $549-565. It has one of the beat warrenties on the market too I think.

Its not the bottom of the line but not the top either. Its maybe the 2 or third from the entry kitchen aid they make.

wildwest likes this.
  10. Norky

Norky

I'm leaning towards a Bosch dishwasher. Seen lots of good reviews on them and they get high consumer ratings. Supposed to be very quiet too.

wildwest likes this.
  11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Bosch was highly regarded on Consumer Reports when I was shopping last summer. I would have bought a Bosch as matter of fact, but the use a "filter" in the bottom that needs to be removed and cleaned, it seems almost all brands do now days. I payed extra for one that still has the old style miniature food disposer in that I won't have to clean. Whatever brand you end up with, I am absolutely amazed how quiet they are now. I actually have to open the door to check if its running!

12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yea ours has the piranha or badger in it or whatever they call it in kitchenaid

wildwest likes this.
  13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

So the washer has been doing it's job since this thread, but....it doesn't clean glasses/coffee cups very well. Grosses me out, if it's leaving this on my white mugs, what is really on the rest of my darker dishes/pans? GE recommended putting vinegar in a cycle after the soap door has opened. Helped a bit, but still gross. I've tried switching detergents and also a separate load of glasses/mugs on the bottom rack. I could get through washing all of them by hand once a year or so, but not daily. Any thoughts?

Pics are after the vinegar cycle.

Attached Files:

14. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I don't see any white stuff?

Is your jet dry full?

wildwest likes this.
  15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks Nate, no white stuff, its brown coffee residue and glasses are cloudy. I guess my pic looks like a shadow in that coffee cup, nope, gross brown coffee film. Yes, Jet dry is full, this new washer guzzles that stuff (and WWW steals 1/2 of it for gold mining :emb: ).

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  16. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

It seems like we never fill ours up.

wildwest likes this.
  17. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Cloudy glasses I always thought was jet dry was empty?

New dishwashers don't last. Did it do this when new?

Is there a food trap/strainer in the dishwasher that may need to be cleaned?

wildwest likes this.
  18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

It's running at the moment, will check soon. I happen to be one of the "old school" dishwasher loader, so none to minimal food goes into the washer while loading. I'll check back, good reminder :)

19. basod

basod

If you want to get the coffee stains off mugs shoot some Spray Nine on them when dry and then rewash.
    The specks on the clear glasses is likely due to hard water, the rinse aid helps with this but works better on smaller loads from my experience

clemsonfor and wildwest like this.
  20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

This flavor?

clemsonfor likes this.