In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New cat ordered

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Biddleman, Feb 9, 2021.

  1. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania
    Ordered a new cat for my Lopi Rockport. I went with a steel cat as a replacement and ordered it from Midwest Hearth. It didn't say it was out of stock, so hopefully I'll have it by next week. I have about 3 years on my current one. I'm still getting high temps with it, but noticed I'm using more wood and draft to get them and they aren't sustained. I can tell it's performance is starting to lack. I was hoping for a longer cat life, but it is what it is. I'm burning pretty much from October to end of April.