In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New blade choices

Discussion in 'The Sawyer Room' started by JB Sawman, Dec 1, 2019.

1. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

Have any of you tried the new turbo 747 blades from wood mizer I want to try them, I get a lot of "Pancake Flour '" sawdust when sawing locust my mill only has the 17HP diesel so cutting speed is a little slow when doing locust or white oak I tried the turbo 7 blades and went back to the 10 degree Bi Metal they last up to 600bdft but I get heavy sawdust on the boards and you have to scrape it off before stacking any feedback would be great JB

metalcuttr likes this.
  2. Ward Hoarder

Ward Hoarder

Woodmizer is having a black Friday sale on blades. They have a mixed box of blades 2 of each kinda deal. Do you sharpen your own or use the resharp program?

metalcuttr and JB Sawman like this.
  3. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

Hey Ward Hoarder I ordered that sample box it arrived the other day after I was done with my oak order I have to saw locust next week I am going to give that new blade a try I use the resharp in Pa between the full time job ,the saw shop and the mill I run out of time and it's 7.00 each to sharpen them from Resharp JB

Buzz Benton and metalcuttr like this.