In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Needed some exercise today.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 17, 2014.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    The Villiage opened the park for me and there was a nice tree just about to fall that I dropped and bucked up. It was starting to rot int he middle lower down but was still solid from about 4' up and on.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
     
    343amc, Chvymn99, schlot and 8 others like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Pete, what is it?
    Are there more to be harvested?
    Doesn't look like you have much snow.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Dave its pine although I'm not sure what kind. We have so many I don't care to memorize them. Yes there is a lot down that I can cut up from the park and a ton in the wood dump I can drop too. No not much snow here anymore we have had a few 30+ days recently.
     
  4. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    I should have had my window down when I went thru Ovid today,probably could have heard you cutting!;)

    Gary
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    You did shoot stop by next time! We can hit the Main bar the food is fantastic there.
     
  6. BuckthornBonnie

    BuckthornBonnie

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    997
    Likes Received:
    3,318
    Location:
    Penn Yan, NY
    Did you use the 034? If so, how'd she run?
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  7. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Sweet, looks like a nice day to cut
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  8. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    It's all BTUs :)

    Nice pictures
     
    Pallet Pete and papadave like this.
  9. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    It still takes a lot of adjusting but cuts really well now that I cleaned it all up again. I think I'm gonna need a new carb soon. It got the curiosity of a bird who was sitting in the tree and didn't want to leave. He just sat there and when it fell he flew to the one next to this and watched. I shut the saw off and listened to him just singing it was beautiful.
     
  10. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    The wood looks pretty nice Pete.. Is that pine? Hard to tell but looks like pine in the pics.. I have a couple loads of hardwood to pick up but it keeps raining here!

    Ray
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  11. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Yes it's pine but I don't really pay much attention to pine species so I'm not sure what type. There are so many here and not enough space in my head :rofl: :lol:
     
    raybonz likes this.
  12. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Same here but mostly white pine which you can't give away here.. I also have some pitch pine I think and lots of hardwood, mostly red oak..
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  13. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I worked with a guy who did that......in a factory.......no birds.
    He tried to catch 'em too.
    Nice being in the woods with just the sounds of the birds and wind in the trees.
     
    Pallet Pete and raybonz like this.
  14. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    The bark is wrong, but it looks a little like Spruce.
    I think.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  15. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,491
    Likes Received:
    113,808
    Location:
    KC Metro
    That looks like fun, especially the lined up bucked one. Some good gym membership right there.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.