In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need some Prayers, please.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by B.Brown, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Kimberly

Kimberly

Yes, Dad had issues with high blood pressure; I think genetics plays a part in mine. I just notice that if I am under a lot of stress, it does cause it to rise so I need to try and avoid stressful situations.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Agreed, I hope you doctors can locate the cause B.Brown and get you the right treatment. Prayers from Wyoming B.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

4. billb3

billb3

still hoping for the best

5. Kimberly

Kimberly

I hope you are feeling better, please keep us updated.

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  6. clay shooter

clay shooter

7. B.Brown

B.Brown

I am feeling some what better, they upped my bp meds from 10 mg to 20 mg. I got a pretty good nights sleep last night as well. That helped a bunch. And, thanks again for the Prayers, they are making a big difference. I do appreciate it very much. Going to the Dr the 20th, will get back on then.

8. JustWood

JustWood Guest

I take sunflower lecithin to lower BP.
    Takes a couple months but it does help.

9. Locust Post

Locust Post

Prayers ongoing. I have never had issues but my Mom does and she uses Resveritrol chews from GNC.

10. B.Brown

B.Brown

Well, thought i'd catch you all up on my progress, was able to get in and get a stress test, that took 2 days or about 4.5 hrs total time. went to men's prayer meeting on saturday evening, They asked how i was doing, told them compared to a lot of people ''i have very few problems''. So, got the stress test done, also got a MRI on my ankle, its been giving me fits. The Dr called the other day about my stress test, said, every thing looks "ok". I had told the mens prayer group last saturday that the perfect situation would be if the Dr called and said, no problems, well basically he did call and said that. So, i am very blessed to receive this news!! And, the MRI showed arthritis in my ankle, i felt thats what it was, they want me to try therapy, but, its movement that is causing the pain. like my ankle has a handful of rocks in it, type pain. So, thank you all for the prayers, they have been answered, and i'm humbled to find out i'm doing well.

11. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Sounds like good news B.Brown!! Congrats on the good ticker.

12. Midwinter

Midwinter

I hope you can find a remedy, natural or Rx, that works for the ankle pain!

13. B.Brown

B.Brown

Thanks, i hope i can find some kind of relief as well, its affected the way i walk, and it could be a lot worse. When i first had the accident, they kept me in the hospital for 28 days the first time. A year later, my wife met one of my nurses and she asked about me, then, told my wife the reason they kept me so long, they were waiting to see if the leg would heal, or, they were going to take it off. SO, i'm WAY, WAY ahead, as i said, i've been greatly blessed, and no doubt GOD is, has, and still is, looking out for me. Really, what do i have to complain about?

14. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Backwoods Savage Dont you and Judy have some type of lotion or cream that you use?

15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Yes but it is by prescription only; Diclofenac.

Something that is non-prescription that might also help is Arnica oil.

That stuff is extremely expensive but it will go a long, long ways. I just started using it as someone on this forum recommended it to me. It does help. You use only one or two drops is all so although it sounds like you don't get much, it will last a long time and if it helps; good.

16. B.Brown

B.Brown

Thought i might catch you all up on what's been going on. The Bp is down, a lot better. I've been taking Turmeric this also has light black pepper in it, it'ts in pill form.,1500 mg per pill. I've been on it, plus my one anti inflammatory prescription med, at 15mg. Honestly, i think the turmeric is actually helping me. The pain is receding, although while standing up last Sunday a pain hit me across the ankle part of my foot so hard i about went down on that leg. But, generally speaking, the pain is not as sharp as it was, and my right side of my ankle does not have the feeling like i have gravel in that side anymore. I've got a 180 day supply, at one a day. We'll see what a couple of weeks of this stuff does for the pain. Should add Turmeric is across the counter, no prescription needed.

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I have the same as Dicofenac, only name brand called Voltaren topical. Ask your doctor and this has certain uses and also though it's like a lotion there are doses for how much and how often and RAISING BLOOD PRESSURE is one of the side effects :confused:

An acquaintance gave me some homeopathic Arnica while I was going hyperthyroid but was not diagnosed with Grave's Disease yet. Yep, it helped til my doc appt and then til tests results came back and I was prescribed proper medicine and I was told to stop taking it with antithyroid medicine. Again, check with your doctor, as so many homeopathic remedies and chinese herbs can actually cause harm and interact with prescribed medicines.