In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need A Pellet Stove Installer/Technician In Central MA

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by dylskee, Sep 28, 2019.

1. dylskee

dylskee

Good morning my fellow hoarders, I am in search of a great stove installer and maintenance technician in the Central Massachusetts area that I can hire for the long haul, not just a one time thing. I'm not sure if all of you have followed my up and down battle with cancer of the years here? That's why I'm so sporadic with my posting and visiting, more so in the last year. So just to get you all up to date with what's going on and what I'm looking for. Unfortunately my cancer has returned with a vengeance and has spread to my bones, lymph nodes, and lungs. I had a very aggressive round of Radiation Therapy, 14 treatments and another 3 that were very strong and targeted, to no avail. It did not work as expected, as we all know how unpredictable cancer can be! At this point I am terminal so the game plan is to start chemotherapy next week to hopefully slow the growth and buy some more precious time with my family? With all that being said, I'm not looking for sympathy or a deal on the install or anything like that. I'm simply looking for a person that is qualified to do professional installs of wood and pellet stoves and can provide yearly maintenance and repairs for my wife.

She wants a pellet stove on the main floor and replace the existing woodstove I currently have right now. I am still running the Woodstock Fireview, that I'm replacing all the gaskets this weekend. So I would need someone that can remove the woodstove and do what it takes to repair the roof and everything that comes along with it. And then to install the pellet stove. I also have a pellet stove in the cellar that will need yearly maintenance as well. I just want someone that's trustworthy and qualified that she can rely on over the years.

So I ask all of you fellow hoarders to help a member out and give me some recommendations, or if you are an installer and reading this, please reply! Again, not looking for sympathy, or a bargain. Just a friendly qualified person that she can rely on to keep our house warm for the winters in New England.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and hopefully you either know someone or you are the one that can be the guy/gal? Have a great weekend all and thank you very much!

Dylan Skeean

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I sure hope someone can step up to help iron up the lose ends for you:)

4. BHags

BHags

Royal Fireside in Mendon sold me our stove and had someone install it. The owner is Ian. I never had a problem with them. I clean my own stove, and maintain it. I am in central Ma., so you have friends nearby!

5. dylskee

dylskee

Thank you for the replies, always greatly appreciated! I'll keep looking, hopefully I'll find someone elsewhere.

I enjoyed my stay here, you guys know who you are! Lots of great people on this site made it a fun place to visit for advice and just to BS. That's why I'm a little shocked at the lack of response to be honest.

I wish you all well and make sure you get screened for Colon Cancer as early as you can, it's taking people out younger and younger every year!

Take care,
    Dylan

6. BHags

BHags

To be honest, I'm a little shocked too.

7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I am wondering if site being down contributing to lack of response?!? Hang in another week.. Dylan..
    jtakeman
    Umm. Well Seasoned. Is in business.. I know nothing's about pellets

ivanhoe, jtakeman, imacman and 2 others like this.
  8. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

dylskee I'm sorry to hear about the return of the cancer. I'm no doctor, but sugar is the main contributor to cancer cell growth. Have dr's mentioned this? A coworker stopped the sugar and so far had been doing well. I'll also keep you in my prayers. Yes, the site was down for days and likely killed the responses to this. I will add this as a sticky up top if you'd like. I will also keep an extra ear out regarding stove shops & reputable chimney sweeps in your area. Can you give me your rough location so I can better help you? If you don't want it on the forums, PM me. We meet alot of quality folks in our industry, I'll do my best to find something.

Luneyburg, ivanhoe, jtakeman and 5 others like this.
  9. BHags

BHags

I know the right people are here. You're in good hands. Hang in brother....

ivanhoe, jtakeman, imacman and 4 others like this.
  10. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

dylskee I am adding a link for the Massachusetts Chimney Sweep Guild, a non profit organization designed to help you find licensed and trustworthy chimney contractors, and not your run of the mill craigslist posters. If we were closer, I'd be there in a heartbeat for the install and yearly service & cleanings. Hopefully below you'll find a reputable outfit that will fit your needs. Keep us posted with your search and try to keep your chin up. Praying for you here!

Foundation | Welcome

11. gbreda

gbreda

Sorry, I have been mostly off the site and this is the first I have seen.

I dont know anyone in Central MA but maybe don2222 might. Keep us posted and god bless

12. gbreda

gbreda

Any headway here? I really hope that you have found someone.

Well Seasoned and imacman like this.