In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

NC30 fan control extension

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by capetownkg, Nov 17, 2019.

1. capetownkg

capetownkg

Holy cow I haven't been on here for quite a while, I hope everyone is doing well. I have a quick question looking for some ideas and a solution.

I have a nc30 slammed into a brick fireplace with the larger blower on it. However due to putting it back in the fireplace I cannot access the controls once a fire is started. How would I go about making an extension to run a switch outside the fireplace? I'm not the most electrical savvy person so excuse the simple question.

15740082420564121361188934971629.jpg

Thor, Marvin, papadave and 1 other person like this.
  2. papadave

papadave

Good idea. Having to reach around behind a hot stove to adjust the blower isn't ideal, but at least I can reach mine.
    Do you turn it on and just leave it on all winter?
    Oh, welcome back. :yes:

wildwest and Chvymn99 like this.
  3. chris

chris

simple way is to set fan to high speed then plug it in to a remote AC speed control unit which is nothing more than a SCR variable light dimmer for the more diy inclined persons.

wildwest and RGrant like this.
  4. capetownkg

capetownkg

Ok so do you know what kind of amps it would need to be able to power the fan? Seems simple enough as long as I get the correct one

5. capetownkg

capetownkg

I have it plugged in to a surge protector and when it's not needed just cut the power, or if the stove is cool I can adjust the fan just a pain in the butt.

papadave likes this.
  6. papadave

papadave

I have a snap disk from the old stove I'd like to wire into this blower, but have no idea how to do it.
    Worked pretty well on the old stove.

wildwest likes this.
  7. chris

chris

snap disc in series on one line, does not matter which side.
    Off hand amperage wise just the common SCR dimmer control by itself would be sufficient I would highly doubt that it pulls more than 3 amps.

wildwest likes this.