In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

My Year Long Obsession...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Stinny, Dec 31, 2018.

  1. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Ever had something you wanted to do and kept putting it off? Me too... for 40 years. I've had unfinished music bizness that I was sure was gonna stay that way... unfinished. It got put off, over the decades, for all the usual reasons. I gave up even trying to make it happen so many times, I've lost count. When I was a young feller, I was blessed to have been able to make a living, making music with 4 talented musicians. Eventually, we all went in different directions decades ago. Somehow, the universe lined up during this year, and all 5 of us were able to commit to doing the 5 months of prep we badly needed, in order to not embarrass ourselves too much at a reunion show. We did most of our re-learning old rusty skills alone, and only got in 5 days of full band rehearsals. Add to that, we all had health issues driving us nuts, not the least of which... the lead singer has ulcerative colitis and almost had to abort the whole thing 8 days before the show. Golden years... riiiiiiiiight.

    Looking back, I can't believe it all happened. So many people lifted us up. I drove my poor suffering wife insane, 24/7, practicing. My pea brain doesn't do all that well these days when it comes to learning anything new, so... :whistle: People say it all the time... just do it. Most don't, and I was one of em. At 64, I wish I'd done this a long time ago. Very grateful old man right here. If anyone wants to check it out, a videographer friend just got this video of the show to us yesterday. It's audio has been re-mixed and edited. Still has a gliche or two. I'm the guy flailing hardwood kindling in the backseat.
    Here's to a nice calm 2019... :campfire:... sitting by a fire. Happy New Year folks.

     
  2. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    All I could think of was "Holly crap, you're Ringo Starr or Paul McCarthy"! Very nice story and thank you for sharing.

    Happy New Year from me to you.
     
    M2theB, blacksmith, Eric VW and 7 others like this.
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I forwarded through a smidge but caught a lot of it. Congrats guys, damm good rockin'
     
  4. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Stinny got the band back together.
    :dex::dex:

    I have to admit that I forgot about this show earlier this year.
    :emb:

    Meant to watch the whole show, but haven't yet.

    Good music.
    :yes:
     
  5. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,625
    Location:
    Vermont
    Stinny age Dosent matter.. Great music and music..
     
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Awesome job Stinny. Great music!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Great Stinny.
     
    Chaz, Eric VW and Stinny like this.
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Thanks guys... glad you like some of the music. No more unfinished band bizness feels perty good... ;)
     
  9. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,512
    Likes Received:
    95,517
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I hope you keep with it. It looked like everyone was having fun.
     
    campinspecter, Stinny and Chaz like this.
  10. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,876
    Likes Received:
    19,926
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    Love it Stinny good for you and thanks so much for sharing, awesome music!!
     
    farmer steve, Stinny and Chaz like this.