In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

My wife was really impressed with my wood

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by sirbuildalot, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

We're in an area where not too many burn wood seriously. There a few token wood piles, to prove we've still got some frontiersman in our blood, but not much more than that.

I'm with sirbuildalot, knowing the price or availability of fossil fuels is likely to get skinny....either because of outside issues or my own (lack of work say). Not sure what the neighbors think...havent even gotten a wood stove in yet. We've been spanked by large winter storms here, several in the last 10 years, that put power out for a few days each.

@coreboy...i also have exhaustively told the fam which piles we will bring in first, which ones will need a couple years...for the same reason! The two holzens, followed by the square stacks, and then the straight stacks. I reeely hope that is 3 years worth.

Looking out 3 sides of the house, wood can be seen...most of it stacked. It is a lot for this area. Bad opsec not having a good fence....but it gets wind and dries well.
    SCA

coreboy83 and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  2. Warner

Warner

Sirchopsalot I had a buddy that lived in Vernon for a bit. Defiantly didn’t see many woodpiles while I was visiting. Seems the biggest issues with neighbors is smoke billowing out of you chimney and some don’t like to see the wood in your yard. The smoke can be taken care of with dry wood and good burn practice. As far as the wood in the yard who cares what they think. A good amount of wood stashed is something to be proud of!

Sirchopsalot and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  3. Hookedup24

Hookedup24

I had one complaint in 7 years while burning wood at my old house. I politely pointed out that is was our neighbor 4 houses up the road that was billowing smoke from his chimney. Outside of a cold start, which happens about 4 times a winter, no smoke came from my chimney. Some people give us a bad name.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  4. Warner

Warner

I’m sure everybody here knows of a house that’s usually billowing smoke and creosote dripping down the chimney. They are usually the ones that tell me I’m crazy for having so much wood.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    T.Jeff Veal likes this.