Who is going out today in Ohio? In my area I know a ton of people who were getting ready last night. I also wonder how many nice bucks get checked in on Monday morning since it's doe only this weekend.
Personally Im not a fan of this muzzleloader season. This would have been the first weekend I could hunt deer this year but I dont want to go out since its doe only. O well, the only buck I really wanted to shoot got killed last weekend. Im not much for gun hunting so Ill wait until this is over. And I plan on taking my girls hunting soon to try to shoot a deer with the crossbow.
Muzzle loader season is before gun season now? I sold my muzzle loader years ago, back when it was in late December/early January. I hate hunting in the cold, and I normally would get a couple during shotgun season anyway.
Its a new thing that Ohio started last year. Basically bc of exactly what you said is they did it. The muzzleloader hunters complained bc their season was usually bitterly cold. They have been trying out a few different things, first they added a second shotgun season. Now they eliminated that and put in a two day muzzleloader doe only season. The only issue I have with it is a bowhunter cant shoot a buck during that season.
I am not a fan of this early muzzle loader season at all but it is what it is I guess. I really didn't hear to many shots but I do know quite a few people who were planning on hunting it.
I completely forgot about this thread! Last evening I was stacking some wood and heard a loud boom behind my house in the woods. I've never heard any of my neighbors shoot before, so I started walking back to investigate when I heard a second shot. I decided that it was safer to stay in my yard at that point. It was probably my neighbor's grand kid, one of them bow hunts back there, and he must have decided to muzzle load hunt this year. I feel a little better knowing it probably wasn't some dumb kid blasting away at walnuts.