In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mtronic Question

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

just so you know It is called a chain brake not blade brake. There is no blade on a chainsaw but there is a bar the chain rides on. Not trying to make you feel bad but just so you know in the future when you post you have the correct information. I actually think you are a good person for the forum.

2. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

You're not too shabby yourself there Mag Craft :salute:

3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

This saw doesnt have full and half choke. Choke, run and off are the three positions on the switch.
    When shut off it pops back to "start" position which i like. This is the only Mtronic ive ever run.

4. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Thanks Brad.

5. lukem

lukem

For an Mtronic saw, the positions are start, warm start, stop.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Yep. Had my Kawasaki x2 650cc jet ski cold seize. First ride after buying it from the dealership. Classic symptoms, the "corners" of each piston were squeaked. Here's the thing. It was warmed up properly. It ended up being incorrectly jetted. The dealership fixed it at their expense. They also rejetted it. It was a "limited class" ski so it had some mods.

It ran great after that, never one issue.

7. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I did not know that. Learned something new. Do the larger CC Mtronic saws have primer bulbs or is that limited to the small saws? My 194T (non Mtronic) has the primer too.

8. happysawer4741

happysawer4741 Banned

No Comment.

9. Horkn

Horkn

There's a lot for us all to learn.

10. Redfin

Redfin

Mtrons calibrate 30 times per second. Start them, like any other saw. I always wait till jug fins are warm to touch then give em the beans.

Ive had countless mtrons here. Just run like any other saw, ya dont have to worry about shut down either. They will figure it out on start up. Im not saying to shut it down in mid cut but if it happens it will fire.

11. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

I have the 261 C and the 462 C, and I have the best luck, when I just push the lever all the way down for cold start, and don't worry about the pop, just keep cranking until it starts, then blip the throttle once, and go easy, let it idle if it will, or blip it lightly a few times, then let it idle just a little, then speed it up and down a little, but don't peg it, or even full throttle at all for just a little bit, 30 seconds.

Then I kind of go easy for a few cuts, not wide open. And you are good to go.

On restart after warm, I may just pull the cord, but if it's been any time at all, I go to cold start, and that seems to work best. It will hit and start, blip the throttle a time or two and your off to the races. Where I have has a little bit of an issue is trying to out think the saw and not go to cold start. When in doubt, just pull the trigger, and lock the lever in the full down position and pull the cord, it will be obvious what to do next.

12. JimBear

JimBear

Not that it makes any difference but the bar used to be referred to as the “blade”

E257EAFC-4584-42D0-BF48-EEB87559280A.jpeg

35642BC7-0F3D-4C23-9290-1AF6D0288747.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  13. Chud

Chud

Can you push the switch down? Up is off, center is run? I’ve never seen a saw, besides the 500 that doesn’t have choke. If you can push the switch down, that is your choke position.

14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Yes, down is choke, center is run, up is off. As i said earlier, i like the fact that it automatically springs back to on when you shut it off. I was bucking dead BL with it yesterday.

Horkn, amateur cutter and Screwloose like this.
  15. happysawer4741

happysawer4741 Banned

I remember hearing it called a blade, but it had been so long ago i was not really sure about it, am glad you posted the picture showing it as being called a "Blade"
    Since i was not sure i just replied "No comment" to the forum member telling me i mis named the bar and chain as a blade.

16. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

You go ahead and call it a blade if you want but that is not what it is today. All manufactures and dealers will tell you it is a bar and a chain brake. I am not trying to be a hard case but if you use that name sooner or later someone will correct you. Just saying.

17. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

I do not know about the rest of people on this forum but I come here to learn and share knowledge. I can tell you I have learned a lot and
    over the years I have had my share of corrections too.

18. happysawer4741

happysawer4741 Banned

I am starting to question if it's a mistake to keep posting on this forum, it's not the first chainsaw forum where i was grilled about every item posted, i just started removing my posts and just became a reading only person.

Screwloose likes this.
  19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Well, if it matters, I vote to keep posting... :handshake:
    I personally learned something new from this blade/bar discussion...

Yawner, Screwloose, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  20. stuckinthemuck

stuckinthemuck

Yes. happysawer4741 please stick around... I personally don’t get upset about semantics. Pop, soda, tonic, coke.... different parts of the country and world refer to the same things with different words, one can often use context to understand what one is attempting to convey through language. Heck, the only ones speaking English on this board are across the pond in the UK.. time to take my lorry for an oil change. .:cheers: