In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available MS-290

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by WaddleRemodel, Apr 27, 2015.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:rofl: :lol: I have never met you or briank but I love your family and what you bring to here ! I know your mother doesnt need an adult child LOL

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

So please let us know if there is a new thread on this or where to send the money via paypal?

3. Kimberly

Kimberly

We got stated with the PoulanPro by cutting down some of the trees shading the garden in the little valley; but with the issues we only got a little bit done. I really do appreciate what you guys have done for me; I hope I can repay in some way.

[​IMG]

Horkn, DexterDay, HDRock and 5 others like this.
  4. Kimberly

Kimberly

I just came back in to the thread and read through the posts and now I am crying; happy tears. I will do as you say and try to help someone when I can; pay it forward. I just don't know what to say because the words don't express what I am feeling. Yes, it is family here, there is no doubt of that. Big huge hugs to all; thank you so much.

5. Kimberly

Kimberly

Uh, I hope this does not sound silly, but what is PPE?

Horkn, DexterDay, Eric VW and 6 others like this.
  6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Not silly at all, but sounds kinda fun to say the letters :rofl: :lol:

Personal protection equipment.

Horkn, DexterDay, Eric VW and 5 others like this.
  7. lukem

lukem

Chainsaw chaps, ear protection, and eye protection are a must.

8. RJames

RJames

My buddy was doing some cutting and he never wore ANY ppe. He was using his saw to clear some brush around a tree and just nipped his knee. Cost him 12 stitches not to mention the $500 emergency room deductible.

I bought him some chaps the next week and told him if I saw or heard about him not wearing them we'd have words. He never cuts without them now and even wears glasses too. Hard lesson though.

At the very least, please wear steel toe boots/shoes, chaps, and some kind of eye protection, PLEASE!

9. FarmHand78

FarmHand78

The class, and quality of the FHC member is bar none the best on the net... well done guys:thumbs:... wish I could help, just have all my funds ear marked right now... Hope to pay it forward some day, as everyone here has.

Really we need a like all posts button... well since Eric VW just taught me how tag people, maybe there is such a button!

Horkn, WaddleRemodel, HDRock and 4 others like this.
  10. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

FarmHand78, I'm still chuckling to myself about you "changing the font color" to "tag"... :wacky::loco: :crazy::headbang::picard::doh::rofl: :lol:

11. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

how did I miss this thread? Kimberly sending a pm...

12. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Well, Kim should have a MS 290 soon and the dozen + of us that went in on it have something else up our sleeve as well.

:thumbs:

13. Kimberly

Kimberly

I just wish I could show how grateful I am for what you and the guys have done; as well as Canadian Border VT for helping me out with a stove. I have a story to tell :).

14. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Ah Ha!
    We might want to try and add in a few more folks if I smell what you're stepping in(aka what you PM'ed me about)!

15. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

:D

WaddleRemodel and Horkn like this.
  16. Kimberly

Kimberly

I read this before but didn't say anything but it has been on my mind. You guys have already done so much for me. Big Hugs to all of you that have helped me.

17. Kimberly

Kimberly

I got the saw today. And not only a saw but leather gloves, safety glasses, and ear plugs. Gosh that was so nice. I did take photos and I am planning on posting them; bit disappointed in how some of them turned out, my digital camera is not so great and I also dropped it a couple of years ago. Anyway, photos will be coming. I was instructed on starting the saw and making cuts and on how to hold the saw so that I operate it safely. I made a bunch of cuts with the saw cutting off firewood bits but I did not fell any trees. My friend said it was a "damm fine saw"; his words :). I am going to post more; we need to head back to no internet land tomorrow but return here on the weekend so I will get more practice in.

I just want to thank everyone again, I don't know all your names, send me a PM if you want a personal, deeply felt thank you. This meant so much to me and there are not enough words to express how much.

Big huge hugs to everyone.

18. Kimberly

Kimberly

We came back down to the house last night to do some more cutting. I practiced some tree felling at my friend's house; first time I messed up the notch. I got better. Today we did more cutting and I felled some more trees; smaller ones that were easier for me. I cut some to firewood length as well.

This saw loves to eat wood, it cuts so great. I am not strong enough to do the big undercuts with the saw but I can do the other. The saw also starts so nicely; if it is hot, just turn it on and pull the cord and it is running. Even cold it is easy to start. It is a great saw and I am so happy. Thanks so much again for helping me.

We took more photos, some are blurry. I will try to post some soon. Tomorrow it is back to no internet land; so I will not be able to get on the forum.

19. HDRock

HDRock

I don't see any pictures I think you are making chit up

20. HDRock

HDRock

as a matter of fact I think possibly you have been making chit up from the beginning

TurboDiesel likes this.