two dead pines next to the house yesterday, here's one diced: Had to pull these down thru other pines. I think I use more gas limbing the darned things than dicing them. 20 cubic feet of pine from two trees that I remember thinking i should cut them down before they get big. Quite a while ago. Onions and lettuce getting a tan topless outside yesterday: This afternoon sliced some more dead pine out near the swamp. Only had time for one tank. A tiny bit of cherry and some more pine: There was another white pine and a red pine. Also cut down a couple of Winter snapped in half swamp maples. I guess I left the pics in the woods. The monty python bird: pining for the fjords I think it was a great horned owl, only largish owl I can think of around here with feathers on its feet like that.
Woods are COOL! Trees, shrubs, plant, flower, animals, etc. You can learn a lot if you just listen and observe.
the pine needles are 4 or 5 inches long ----------------------- I wish I had more time to throw at these dead pines they're getting soft quick. I have to at least get the ones that might fall on the house or garage. Sometimes they rot and disappear quick and sometimes they don't. I still have remnants of a pine that fell in eithe r Hurricane Bob or Gloria, I forget now which, in the woods in front of my house. I should be getting at downed maple first. Working around a little bit of plantar fasciitis. The days that my knee and hip ache I have to stay off it so don't get done what I would like.