In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mini woodshed And racks ready for snow

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HDRock, Dec 5, 2013.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    These are filled with Already dry Wood
    I still have some air flow because the ends are open but I think it will keep the snow out pretty good

    20131205_112524-1.jpg 20131205_112401.jpg
     
  2. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    I am sorry but I think you will have problems with that wood. Dennis always said that you have to top cover it with tin. Maybe I should swing by and pick it up?:)

    Gary
     
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Memories
    I remember the tarp days.
    Works fine until the wind blows,

    If I used tarps now, I might make a cover out of 2 pallets & cover the pallets.
    Then set it on top of the wood & bungee them down
    Might work better.

    But that looks good, just bring back memories. :)
    100_4268.JPG
     
    HDRock likes this.
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I have good luck with tarps. I put the time in with them and they do alright. Bungee corded the corners and some uglies as the top weights. Never lost one yet!
     
    trooper likes this.
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    I think part of my problem was the -20°f & the 70 MPH winds.
    Shredded them or found a weak tie down every year.
    I was 2 years after the wood shed, finding tarp threads tangled on some splits. :)
     
    papadave likes this.
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I just put the camo tarps on today but The brown one was on there when we had 60 mile an hour winds and Never budged an inch,,Never lost any of the other ones either.
    Yeah tarps kind of suck but That's what I got and they work
     
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I didn't see a wink, you are JK right?
     
  8. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    I think some are heavier duty material than others.
    Mine were the thin cheap ones & got brittle at -20°.
    I like the camo, no one can see the wood. LOL :)
     
    HDRock likes this.
  9. milleo

    milleo

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,317
    Likes Received:
    9,212
    Location:
    Maine
    Ya including him, he will not be able to find it....:)
     
    HDRock likes this.
  10. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Yeah that brown one cost a little more and is 11 mill, the rest of my tarps are 4 mill
     
  11. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    End smiley!:)

    Gary
     
    HDRock likes this.
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    If concerned about the snow, remember that it usually comes from the east; that is, NE or SE but sometimes straight East. Of course this is not always true but most times it is. SW can be a problem sometimes too but mostly the east. Snow from the NW or N is usually dry enough that it causes no concern.
     
    HDRock likes this.