In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Milwaukee attempts to make the leap

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by RCBS, Jun 28, 2024.

1. RCBS

RCBS

Most do not know that Ryobi's motors were/are found in many different colored tools. Guessing (have not kept up) that some of the 'real' tool makers have at least started producing their own at this point. Here shortly I will have a very good idea of how a 6-1/2" green 18 volt circ performs compared to a 6-1/2" red 18 volt circ. Can already tell you that it is easier to view the blade with the green one. I gave up and just use the guide on the shoe on the red one...not been a big issue.

MasterMech likes this.
  2. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

RCBS and Mrxlh like this.
  3. Haftacut

Haftacut

25 cuts in 15” hardwood ain’t gonna cut it for me. Nice looking saw though:thumbs:

clemsonfor, buZZsaw BRAD and RCBS like this.
  4. RCBS

RCBS

Did not know that Hilti still stands on it's own. Surprising. Did know that about Makita, which is a reason I like them. Atlas Copco (AEG) > (Electrolux) made some of Milwaukee's Nicad 18 volt tools. I have a hammer drill driver of theirs with a Rohm chuck on it and Made In Germany printed on serial tag. Only 1 working battery left for it. Tool is very well made and feels like it in the hand. Atlas later sold AEG holdings (Milwaukee tool) to TTI.

Eggshooterist likes this.
  5. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

The only hilti tool I used was a bad azz hammer drill. We used it for the anchors when installing new or moving existing machines and jib hoists columns.

RCBS likes this.
  6. RCBS

RCBS

I have zero reasons to ever badmouth Hilti. I haven't used much of their stuff, but have always understood them to be a top shelf manufacturer. I don't think their goal is price point when manufacturing. They are still building a reputation that some conglomorate will exploit some time in the future in the name of profit margins and stock prices.

clemsonfor and Eggshooterist like this.
  7. Lehman

Lehman

So does your favorite orange and white brand

8. Lehman

Lehman

I think dewalt has the right idea on their flex volt 20/60 pack. The big packs work on all the high end powerful tools some require 2 60 packs for a 120 system but if you use a big flex volt pack on a 20v brushless impact or something they run forever on it.

clemsonfor, Husky Man and RCBS like this.
  9. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

For sure, they do not manufacture or market tools to customers where price is a top 3 consideration.

buZZsaw BRAD, Eggshooterist and RCBS like this.