In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Michigan Shelter In Place Order.....A Daily Report!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Mar 24, 2020.

1. 343amc

343amc

Yesterday - ventured out to the transfer station to drop off the weeks trash (no pickup service here, you take it to them, open 2 days a week). Wasn’t sure if it would be open, but didn’t want to have a bag of trash sitting around fermenting in the garage if possible. Was happy to see the gate open. Dumped my one bag of trash and container of recyclables, waved at the lady who keeps an eye on the place on the way out. Round trip distance, 6 miles, saw no other cars.

After I got home, ran the leaf blower, did some raking, split and stacked some wood.

Today, split and stacked some more wood, wife did some more leaf blowing, moved some of the uglies and sappy chunks of pine to the fire pit wood pile.

2. 343amc

343amc

Scanners are receive only, typically over a fairly wide frequency range. Ham radio can both transmit and receive on specific frequency band (need to be licensed to transmit). Depending on the particular ham radio transceiver, you can also receive on an wide frequency range.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  3. yooperdave

yooperdave

DAY 6

Had one walk today. Someone tried to drop off a church bulletin for us. I was thinking "really?" 99 called them back and said we can get any info we want from the internet. OK, no need to drop it off.

Phone rings again about 2 minutes later. I'm going to drop it off anyway! :picard: :doh: :headbang::headbang::headbang: I think they got the message though as they just left it in the porch. They were going for a ride. It is snowing and is windy. Generally not a great day for a ride, right?

I'm glad 99 stepped up and told her about the availability anyway. Handling it my way usually gets me into trouble! Funny thing is, the church is closed for services, so what's the point?

Sorry rottiman but it looks like I'm going to have to step up the security patrols! :yes:

Too many people aren't really "getting it" yet.

4. HDRock

HDRock

As of May 30, 2019 my County has encrypted all police scanner traffic, fire and EMS are still available

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Day 7. Seems normal around here. Just staying home and minding our own business; normal.

6. HDRock

HDRock

7. HDRock

HDRock

According to some things I have read this is not allowed , Neighbors here getting out there go carts and a ATV's's riding up and down my street having fun , going for a cruise on your motorcycle in the warmer weather.
    Really ?
    I don't have a motorcycle now or ride anymore but, I don't see any danger to anyone if I would like to go for a ride out in the country are even around town

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    amateur cutter, Chaz, Eckie and 4 others like this.
  8. yooperdave

yooperdave

In a rural setting, I agree.

But......Lets kick this thing now before we end up losing the whole summer!

9. papadave

papadave

Yep, I won't stay inside if the weather's nice, but I'll be either in the shop or cuttin' wood in .....as Mike Morgan calls it, the Renewable Resource Processing Area. :dex:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  10. Nitrodave

Nitrodave

my feeling is this would cause another unnecessary trip to a gas station, which offers another chance to spread the virus.

11. Nitrodave

Nitrodave

Or another chance to get injured , needing medical attention... which puts responders at risk... takes up necessary hospital space(they are already getting overloaded) ...

I feel they should restrict everyone to their property for a while.

12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Mrs. Backwoods Savage minding her own business, you're still on the party line, how many rings? :D

13. yooperdave

yooperdave

DAY 7

Received one phone call from a party that said they are bored and are thinking of taking a ride and doing some shopping. I asked, is it that important? Well….

Then I said, "well if you do, don't try stopping by for a visit...."

Had three walks today. But, 99 made a loaf of bread that had 6 warm slices go missing right away along with some real butter and honey! :drool: :drool:

Probably could have gone for another three walks! :whistle:

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

This is day 16 for us with the wife asking me if I'll cut her hair, what could possibly go wrong. :hair:

15. yooperdave

yooperdave

I hope you have living space in that garage......:D

16. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The basement is all mine. :thumbs:

17. rottiman

rottiman

Remember..................this thread useless without pictures !!!!!!!!!!!

18. Eckie

Eckie

I agree with rottiman! Pictures are required!

19. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I agree too. We too are also rural but have an accessable spot to the bank of the lake across the road from our home (though fisherman are trespassing on our private road to get here :picard:), that spot also serves as a turn-around for delivery vehicles so we see more traffic than others, that said, nothing like living in the city. Anyway, I am NOT participating in the teddy bear hunt and attract a bunch of looksie loos from town out here because they are bored, they can go to other neighborhoods in town.

20. HDRock

HDRock

Well anyway, I have yard work to do so , I will be riding around the property on the lawn tractor.
    Already have 5 gallons of E free gas with sta-bil in it so I'm set there.
    I'm still not going to cry about it if the neighbors wanna ride their go karts, it doesn't bother me

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020